Lookin for advice

soul .gc

Wayfarer - what makes it a better monitor? Just curious.

8ms vs 12ms response time. This is important if your playing a lot

of games. Also 700:1 contrast ratio vs 500:1 Both have 3 year warranty.

The Hyundai I believe was Tom's hardware guide's # 1 pick for LCD's earlier

this year. check out the reviews here! Gotta be

about 150 of them. BTW that's the Canadian tiger direct site, so

disregard the price.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

To answer a few questions.

754-pin is only single channel. I bought my setup last year and having tested it against an identical 939-pin, you will see almost no different, unless 1-2 fps is noticable to you.

The deal will most likely be gone sooner rather than later. They normally do not last long.

As for the sticks of Memory, you want to keep the number of sticks at 2 or less. So you would want to get either 2x 512MB sticks or 1 GB stick. When you get 3 or more, you typically have to drop the timings on the RAM and the system has to address more sticks which can slightly impact performance.

Can someone tell me why this only has a 800mhz system bus as opposed to

the standard 1600mhz for a 754 pin slot?

It is 1600, just different numbering on the description. Actually, if you look it says 1600 in parenthesese. (sp)

Soul, the reason for the recommended better monitor is for a couple of reasons. First, lower Response time means better for gaming. No or less shadowing in fast action games and videos. Better brand name as the other one I really do not know. Also, the better the name the better the warranty service (typically)

I hope I answered everything.

sorry i'm late. 1gig stick for sure since it's a single channel board. you can just buy a second 1gig stick when you go dual channel.

amd64 don't have fsb. it's called hypertransport (htt). nf4 intel boards have it as well between the north and south bridge. fsb does not exist on a64 because the memory controller is on the cpu and not on the northbridge(it's why nf4 amd boards don't have a south bridge). s754 boards only run at 800htt and s939 boards run at 1000. when using ddr it is doubled. hence the 1600 and 2000 that you're talking about. anyway, that speed is simply the speed of the cpu to the ram and to the north bridge. in real world there's no difference between 800 and 1000.

just as an aside, i hate lcds... well except those 20 and 24 inch dells. oh and a friend just bought the asrock. he loves it.

just as an aside, i hate lcds... well except those 20 and 24 inch dells.  oh and a friend just bought the asrock.  he loves it.

You mean the one I was looking at??!! LOL I just looked at newegg and its on sale this weekend.. Im gonna get it, and a store up the street from me has A64 3200 939pin on sale for $129 + tax.. Woohoo!!

ASrock mobo on sale

Edited by Batman

yes yes yes, I to must buy furniture for my apartment, been living on my own for 4 months and it still looks like a college dorm room. Plus $400 dollars for an xbox.

Yea no computer upgrades for me for a while.