What has God Done for you lately?

I'm going to add quite a few things because it all is related.

3 years ago I was put out to pasture by my former church organization. Since I had no backing I was pretty scared, but while looking for a house God led me to a church building lol. Anyway long story short I became a pastor of that church for the last 3 years. Over the last 6 months God has been leading me in new directions and yesturday I accepted a job as Assist.- Pastor at an Assembly of God Church ( www.stpetersassembly.com ) It's a strange thing to walk by faith because as you do you don't doubt any less than anyone else does but you keep going in spite of the doubts. The reward is that you see results all along the way.

We made enough money from offerings two times in the three years to pay the church bills. This is an amazing thing because there is no way I should have done as well financially as I ended up doing. My credit is good, my bills are paid and in that time I was able to buy my own nice 5br home and still get all the computer/game stuff that I wanted. When I did my taxes last year I noticed that I paid out exactly $5500 more than came in, I can't explain it except that wow God is awesome.

Now get this we purchased the church building for $73,000 I upped the loan to $80,000 to pay off my wife's car. We then bought a house and refinanced the church to cover the loan for both. I currently have debt totaling $118,000.00 well guess what I just got the contract for the church and we're selling it for $144,000.00. After all is said and done we will have about $16,000.00. We plan on dropping a tithe of $1600.00 in the offering and then half I'm giving to my mom for helping us out all year long and the other half will go into my kids college accounts.

God is SOOOOOOO Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

IndEEd and amen

He has helped my get into the job i am in now. Also, my dad was havin some problems with his supervisors at work after workin there for 30 years!! so he was looking at getting out of where he is now and getting into something else. He started applying and was hired on somewhere else right away doing the same thing he was just in a different atmosphere.

well after he started he was a little depressed because he had to pretty much get out of a job where he had seniority and into something where he was new and had nothing. well a month after starting he was really enjoyin himself and the new people and his new supervisors. then one of his bosses boss(if you can follow that, lol) quit and so they were gonna hire from inside the plant first. he applied and with his prior experience he was hired right away!! so now he is at a new job where he gets along with everybody.... his insurance is alot cheaper and covers more..... and he has the same amount of vacation he had at his old job. it was deffinately the right move and a blessing as he was struggling with his decision at first. so that was a blessing.

i guess thats why they say God works in mysterious ways and all though we may not understand his plan at first, it will be revieled to us over time.

God has been teaching me patience and not too get too upset at things. Also not to complain too much. I wish I could get more time for my divotions. But I am searching for a new job so pray for me. The job I have now does not pay as much, does not have enough hours, its monotous, boring, and my manager really is a slacker and I have to pick up the slack after him.

So pray that I get this new job that my brother is helping me get. Its at meto, thats a mental insitution for the violent mentaly handycapt. It pays like 14 and hour and I can choose my own hours and work overnight shifts and work on my college homework.

For those of you who know me, it's obvious as to what He has blessed me with. He has blessed me with an entire year's worth of time with my daughter.

But even more than that, He has given me sight. I see life so much clearer now and I am grateful for that gift. When people hurt or I hear terrible stories, I usually empathize to the point of crying or becoming angry (I don't like that part too much). But I accept it because the flip side is wonderful. When I see good in life that almost all take for granted, I find peace, happiness and understanding.

Let God take away the blindness.

Let God take away the blindness.

Yes PLEASE!!! (for those that know me well enough feel free to chuckle)

I got to thinking about how to answer this. I've gained several new friendships this year. Been sent in new directions. Pray constantly for the path to be shown to me. But really, my answer would be:

What hasn't he?

At least that I actually need. He has fulfilled all of mine and my family's NEEDS and has been even so kind to fulfill a majority of my wants! After thinking about it, sometimes I wonder what gives me the right to ask for more.

• 1 month later...

God's blessings are only overshadowed by us missing them.

What I mean by that is that He is in a constant frenzy to get our attention so that He can bless us more, but we get so caught up in life we forget that life isn't about the acting out of life's duties but about growing in relationship to those we love, reaching out to those in need and, most importantly, growing consistantly closer with the One who created us.

We closed on the church building today. It's kind-of wierd really. I don't know I feel like a little piece of my life has been taken away. I guess it's like when your childhood home gets sold. I poured out a lot of energy there and God did a lot of teaching me there. I pray blessings on the new church that has a building finally and I hope they continue reaching others for Jesus.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

God has blessed my brother by giving him a safe passage to Kentucky where he now lives.

He is now living there with his new bride, they have been married for about 5 months and just found out that a baby is on the way.

He does not have a career just a good paying job. Please pray for him that he could find a good career that can support his bride and child.

Thank You

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998