King Kong

soul .gc

Well we went to see this last night. After Jackson's previous works I was excited to see how this would turn out. I was incredibly disappointed.

The movie is 3 HOURS long. It could easily have been 1.5 hours and still been a bad movie though. Three hours just makes double-sure it is a bad movie.

There are numerous "blue screen" shots that just look incredibly fake. It is apparent they tried to make it look good, but failed miserably.

The acting is good for the most part, the story-line is already known from the original but they decided to increase it a bit this time and make sure you know about the love triangle.

The worst thing is that there was nothing to make you want to be "involved" in the movie. It was SO incredibly slow and such a painful grind. I actually grabbed my coat and wanted to leave but my buddy wanted to finish it, he though it would improve - he was wrong.

The theatre we visited had about 120 people - throughout the movie I watched 8-10 people get up and leave....I wish I had been one of them.

I just checked some review pages and this movie is getting an A from critics on average. I just am not sure why.

Bad special effects through parts - incredibly slow - parts completely unrealistic - on and on I can go.

We gave it a 50/100.

I'm not sure why everyone loves Peter Jackson so much. All he did was do a weak movie version of the Lord of the Rings with nice special effects. If you want to see a great example of his work try and dig up a copy of "Bad Taste." You may have to download it since I can't imagine any rental place actually stocking it, but it's worth a laugh. I'm holding out some hope for Halo though, since I don't think Jackson is necessarily going to direct it yet. And it's being written by the guy that did 28 Days Later, which was great.

Mookie, our local video rental place actually carries COPIES, not just a copy, of Bad Taste...My friends and I were excited to find this out!

Of course, having watched it, I think it's only fair to warn people that it is without a doubt one of the most painfully horrible movies you will EVER watch, which makes it a fun movie to watch and laugh at with friends. However, go into it knowing that there are a grand total of, what, five or maybe ten actors and they are all bad at it.

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING!! TURN AWAY IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN KING KONG!!! IT WILL RUIN IT FOR YOU

I just saw the movie today at like 4. I saw these good things and some problems with the movie.

The good things i saw about it was

1. Good graphics

2. Good acting (except for jack black) (the main woman actor is an excelent actor, 5 out of 5 stars for her)

3. They follow the original storyline pritty well

4. NICE fight senes with king kong in them

The bad things was

1. The script writer guy never told the girl that he loved her

2. Every good moment was ruined by either bullets flying, mortar shots going off, and freakishly huge creatures

3. You sit there thinking: "Now why are they doing that?!?!! RUN!! DONT CLIMB UP THAT LADDER!! DO YOU WANT TO BE SHOT?!?!"

4. The movie drags on..................................................................

5. LONG begining!!

Those are just a few of the many problems that i saw

COMMENTS BELOW POSSIBLE SPOILERS -

I thought the special affects belonged in a 1980 movie. Besides Kong himself, the T-rex and the outside of the island they were horrible. The blue screens were ridiculous (the dinosaurs, bugs, vine swinging as just a few examples).

The long beginning, middle and end were WAY too long. At an hour they had still not gotten to the island and I was already wanting to leave. Then on the island it took 1.5 hours and then another 30ish minutes after that. The movie could have been 90 minutes and MAY have been better.

Also - I just could not buy into the ape/girl love story. I just wanted someone to kill Kong, Skin him and cook him up for dinner....anything to end the movie.

• 3 months later...
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I thought it was an ok movie, your standard blockbuster. Some of the special effects were very fake looking like the brontosaurus stampede but others were flat out amazing like kongs last stand atop the empire state building. You really get a sense of being way up in the sky the way the CG camera does all kinds of neat tricks that would be impossible in real life. 3 hours is a bit too long for any move. I watched the Two Towers in the theater and I just couldn't help having the urge to get up and leave the theater it was so long. The movie was good but it's definitly one of those movies that I'd rather watch on my own time.