Server Status / Updates

The latest Valve update broke the zombie server again. Not sure on the ETA.

However, once it comes back up again, I'm going to work out a way to dynamically add/remove bots based on player counts. For example, say there are:

1 human, then there will be 3 zombies

2 humans, then there will be 5 zombies

3 humans, then there will be 8 zombies

4 humans, then there will be 10 zombies

And when a human player leaves, the appropriate number of zombies leave too. So say there are 4 humans, and one leaves. The zombie count would drop from 10 to 8.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update.

BTW, is there anyway to make it easier for real players to be zombies? I love playing the zombie side := but usually don't get a chance unless lots of people are logged into the server.

Having humans zombies helps reduce high ground campers too.

Cheers,

Colonel Klink

Thanks for the update.

BTW, is there anyway to make it easier for real players to be zombies?  I love playing the zombie side :=  but usually don't get a chance unless lots of people are logged into the server. 

Having humans zombies helps reduce high ground campers too.

Cheers,

Colonel Klink

That idea should work well with the bot/human balancing plan. See, if you were to join the zombie side, a bot should leave to make room for you. That way, people can switch over to the zombie side whenever they want without unbalancing the game.

Server is back up!

Stay tuned.  Tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to implement a new team balancing script that should always keep the challenge there against zombies.  :)

Should have something to automatically add 5 more zombies when I join. It's just too easy for me when I'm in there getting my 30-0 scores.

GC Alumni
I'm going to implement a new team balancing script that should always keep the challenge there against zombies.  :)

Me + AWP + VSing Zombies = Winnar... mainly because I'm so dang cheap with that cannon of a sniper rifile.

Well, now I can get back to chucking smokes at Unclean and having him drug me in revenge.

Edited by JackieChan

Should have something to automatically add 5 more zombies when I join. It's just too easy for me when I'm in there getting my 30-0 scores.

Well, bots were set to the easiest difficulty before. Now they're on the toughest difficulty.

And the number of zombies will increase exponentially based on CT player count. With the formula I'm using, here's what the ratio of CT|T will be:

CT | T

1 | 3

2 | 6

3 | 8

4 | 10

5 | 13

6 | 15

7 | 17

8 | 19

9 | 22

10 | 24

There's also a script out there that can increase zombie health and regen abilities as soon as people are owning on the server. So your 30-0 scores are a thing of the past.

Oh, and UnChan -- no more AWPs. Sowwy! :/

And finally... bring on the smoke nades. Maybe I should set up the server so people can have like... 8 or 10 smoke nades.

Zombie bots are still too dumb... even on the "expert" level, they still crouch in corners ready for a headshot. Or they stop when someone gets to a point they can't figure out how to reach.

So until those problems are fixed, AWP = no challenge = restricted.

Zombie bots are still too dumb... even on the "expert" level, they still crouch in corners ready for a headshot.  Or they stop when someone gets to a point they can't figure out how to reach.

Even with the rule of only two awpers at a time? Oh well, whatever works, Unclean.

You gotta xfire me some time to get in some GW action.

Zombie bots are still too dumb... even on the "expert" level, they still crouch in corners ready for a headshot.  Or they stop when someone gets to a point they can't figure out how to reach.

Even with the rule of only two awpers at a time? Oh well, whatever works, Unclean.

Having it restricted to one or two awps would probably become a problem if some pubbers figure that out and think there's only one way to get one.