Mario Kart DS!!

Batman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose tomorrow night works for me, too - it'd have to be 9/10EST, or later, though.

...and I'm free for a gigantic portion of Saturday.

PS: real snakers use Mario and Yoshi's Egg 1. You have to beat 150cc Mirror before you can use that combination, though.

I really don't like snakers, unless everybody knows that's what's being done. I just don't think it sportsmanlike in a random online game. If everybody's doing it, I'll join in, but if there's even one person who isn't, I'll settle for 3rd place, and have fun with the other guy, if he doesn't disconnect.

Oh, and has anybody beaten the entire mission mode with a '***' rating yet?

I really want to know if there's anything more there to be unlocked.

Edited by Norguard

Power-Boosting through turns is key, but if you can't make the turn tight while doing it, you're actually, usually faster to powerslide through with red sparks.

By the way, we should probably hop into TeamSpeak, and perhaps make a temporary room for MarioKart. Yelling at each other between games is good, but yelling at each other during games is even better.

Like I said, Batman, snaking may not be sportsmanlike, if you're in a situation where you're playing a bunch of people who have no idea about it - but learning to snake tracks will give you the upper hand, or at least put you on par.

Mario and Egg1 is probably the most used combination, but Yoshi is the poor-man's snaker.

(edited)

I dont do it much on straight aways..

If your not a master snaker on straight-a-ways, then it's just faster to hug the curb that the turn is on. Otherwise, you're just slowing yourself down.

Are you correcting my grammar??? OHHHHH We are gonna have to settle this on the track!! And TeamSpeak is a good idea..

Edited by Batman

I dont do it much on straight aways..

If your not a master snaker on straight-a-ways, then it's just faster to hug the curb that the turn is on. Otherwise, you're just slowing yourself down.

Are you correcting my grammar??? OHHHHH We are gonna have to settle this on the track!! And TeamSpeak is a good idea..

Hahaha, looking for any excuse to race me, eh?

AND LOSE. :hug:

...actually, they're straightways... ...but probably still referred to as straightaways, because of the flowing nature of the second word, in natural speech.

A straightway is a direct course, wether that's an adverb "He fell straightway down the stairs.", or a noun.

Straightaway is an adverb which means to do something without hesitation: "Go to your room straightaway."

Norg = +1 English geek

PS, I'm working on my '***' rating in the GP right now, and I wondered if anybody else had noticed that the Shell Cup trophy looks exactly like a British-issue helmet and gas mask - it's been making me chuckle, every time I see it.

Edited by Norguard

Nice run, Mamma.

...I thought I had you for a moment, there.

You whupped me, we tied, I whupped you, and that tie-breaker was CLOSE. ...in fact, so close, that it all came down to me not slipping on my own banana peel, and I almost cried there.

Nicely played.

Nice run, Mamma.

You whupped me, we tied, I whupped you, and that tie-breaker was CLOSE. ...in fact, so close, that it all came down to me not slipping on my own banana peel, and I almost cried there.

Nicely played.

:hug: Oh man that was a lot of fun, every race we had was pretty much neck to neck. That was a very lucky last sec win by me at the end. I thought we were going to end the night tied.

I cant wait till we do the 'foursome.' Guys, be warned... Norg is really good

Nice run, Mamma.

Nicely played.

:hug: Oh man that was a lot of fun, every race we had was pretty much neck to neck. That was a very lucky last sec win by me at the end. I thought we were going to end the night tied.

I cant wait till we do the 'foursome.' Guys, be warned... Norg is really good

Heh, hope I can pull some of my "blue shell"magic on him.... didn't work on Yo too well...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it, Jackie.

...I've blown a few blue shells up. The hardest part with that is getting ahold of a bomb in the first place.

I've almost officially beaten the game, outright.

I've got a '***' rating in all of the cups and a '***' rating in all of the missions. Big Boo was easily the hardest for me to complete, followed immediately by the 40 coins in Tick Tock Clock.

...I'm done beating the staff times in the first two cups in the time trials. Six more cups, and I'm totally finished, and the Mario Kart curse will be lifted off of me.

...I've got three more tracks that haven't been bested - they're either really hard, or just plain evel. ...then, aside from the occasional multiplayer, it is officially PWNT.

Thats impressive. Im happy with my "*" on everything. I dont have the patients to deal with getting "***."