Reinstalling Server 1

Fatty

Thats what they say.. M2 has explained to us that they rent from a different provider and they do not have this freeze time glitch. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the next update arrives.

it very well could just be a difference of hardware or kernel version that's letting nfo get by. regardless, i've got to give it to a2g. everytime i head in there, sam is super responsive. if he's not around, any of the other guys that have tried to help were well aware of our situation. they're a business, and seems like a good one, so it's in there best interest to get it fixed asap, too.

Thats what they say.. M2 has explained to us that they rent from a different provider and they do not have this freeze time glitch. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the next update arrives.

it very well could just be a difference of hardware or kernel version that's letting nfo get by. regardless, i've got to give it to a2g. everytime i head in there, sam is super responsive. if he's not around, any of the other guys that have tried to help were well aware of our situation. they're a business, and seems like a good one, so it's in there best interest to get it fixed asap, too.

Oh ya... I agree. Sam sure seems like a great guy to do business with. He's very mature.

GC Founder

While we're talking about #1, instead of creating a different topic, we need to take a serious look at it's decline in traffic. The other servers (well, 2 and 3) seem to be surviving this issue.

The last month has been very disconcerting:

HL2S216.86.154.199:27015_year.png

I just paid for another month.

We either need to get some LA on there to take control or hang it up. While #1 used to be our bread and butter, it's not anymore. I though a stock server in Chicago was necessary, but somehow, even with this decline and the addition of 4, memberships continue to come in. That's a testament to you folks.

However, none of the growth is from #1. We need to take a serious look. While the server issues do not help anything, this decline began before the freezes.

One thing that I feel may have added to this decline is the loss of quite a few #1 regulars and admins... added with the freeze issues recently. Shodan, Acid, + lunk gone to SW. Plus others. Please do not kill #1. Nothing else really has changed as far as I can tell. Tell me how I can help and I will do it if in my power. #1 is the only place I play really.

GC Founder

This is what I like to hear. I too have faith, but I only in the GC members that drive the server, not in the server as it is.

Like I said, we'll look at it after a month's time and make that decision. Trust me, I DON'T want to remove it, but it's part of my job to make sure we're making use of our expenses.

Bigshaw, talk to Magruter.

Farmer, consider becoming an admin.

Ok. So, I was playing on #1 for about 2 hours just now. Map changed 5 times (server side) at the end of each 10 wins. Each time it changed, it was frozen. I reloaded all of the maps, but only two would not straighten themselves out. De_Train, and De_nuke refused to play.

I'm not saying anything that these maps are behind the cause of the freezing, because I've seen every map, atleast once, freeze after each restart until a new map was selected.

But seriously, I think it has something to do with HDR.

Did you try to force HDR to off on the server? If not, could you?

Ok.  So, I was playing on #1 for about 2 hours just now.  Map changed 5 times (server side) at the end of each 10 wins.  Each time it changed, it was frozen.  I reloaded all of the maps, but only two would not straighten themselves out.  De_Train, and De_nuke refused to play.

I'm not saying anything that these maps are behind the cause of the freezing, because I've seen every map, atleast once, freeze after each restart until a new map was selected.

But seriously, I think it has something to do with HDR.

Did you try to force HDR to off on the server?  If not, could you?

I thought HDR is only client side

I thought HDR is only client side

Everything is server side... It's just that if the server allows something or not, the client can enable it or turn it off if they want to.

I think it's a problem with HDR running on linux, and that it might not have been properly coded for use on linux.

Like in the server config, you can put in commands to make something not load, but if there isn't a way to turn off HDR, then.. I frown at Valve for doing so.

WITT

consider becoming an admin :)

Been doing so, however I just started going to school again so once workload increases my time online may take a hit. Also, I don't know if I am as reasonable as the other admins...I have a thing about stupid people...they make me ANGRY :bang: