the big dip

GC Alumni
(edited)

Yeah I'm updating, thanks to the fact that Steam literally froze all its applications while I was playing. <3 Steam. :bang:

And silly me thought I could actually get some work done on ge_library during my wireless lagstorm.

Edited by mookie

GC Alumni

capital Lame.

hopes for new update:

fix map free bug

release militia

pig-latin language pack

fix shiny textures

Source Engine Update Available

January 9, 2006, 3:35 pm · Alfred Reynolds

Updates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source engine

* Fixed problem users with ATI cards were experiencing with overly shiny cube maps

:unsure:

i have an ati and haven't seen shiny textures for a few months. and i STILL can't download the new update. i've been frozen at 98% for the past 20 minutes. screw this, i'm going to the gym :angry:

capital Lame.

hopes for new update:

fix map free bug

release militia

pig-latin language pack

fix shiny textures

Source Engine Update Available

January 9, 2006, 3:35 pm · Alfred Reynolds

Updates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source engine

* Fixed problem users with ATI cards were experiencing with overly shiny cube maps

:unsure:

i have an ati and haven't seen shiny textures for a few months. and i STILL can't download the new update. i've been frozen at 98% for the past 20 minutes. screw this, i'm going to the gym :angry:

If you are stuck at 98% then try this:

1) Close out of steam

2) Delete your C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob

3) Launch steam

4) Get the update

it updates very slow the last 2% but will get there. I had the same problem as did many other people. I know we did need those shiny textures fixed, thanks steam :boo:

I posted this on the counter-strike forums, but here's for you guys who only look in west...

if you are having trouble actually getting steam to download the update:

1) Close out of steam

2) Delete your C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob

3) Launch steam

4) Get the update

Problem fixed. downloading begins.

also heard this update fixes the "shiny glitch" with some nvidia cards, here's hoping!

-tWc|RoGuE.gc

Cbble, Italy, and Tides (I think it's Tides, or Chateau).

No shadows anywhere in these maps. I used to use peoples shadows at the end of long hall in Italy so I could shoot them when they were inching out to snipe. But I can't do that anymore.