Thinking about this

Magruter

I don't know a whole lot, but I have a friend who is a personal trainer, and I asked him a similar question a while ago. He said "Precor." That was it. I don't know what they actually go for in stores (I just checked their site and it wasn't competetively priced compared to the Vision you linked) but I would see if you can find a similar deal on one of those. I seem to constantly hear Precor, for what it's worth.

And I can say that the cheaper models need a lot of TLC, and even then they're liable to fall apart after just a few years of moderate use, according to what I've read in magazines and online, so I would think your suspicions are warranted.

Good luck, sorry I can't be of any more help.

Yeah, a new bottom of the line Precor costs like $4k. I bought a $500 elliptical from Sears about four years ago, used it for two weeks and didn't get on it again until last September or so, when Fatty and I started our weightloss deal. It did great until September, I firmly believe that the cheap models are just for looks...LOL, since I started using mine regularly I've had to do maintanence on it at least once a week.

Depends on how motivated you are. If you helps you get into the best shape of your life you can't put a pricetag on it.

Personally I never cared for those machines.

Might be worth 30 bucks to join the local gym and mess around with a variety of machines before you toss up some serious cash.

Well went out last night a bought it! I have 30 days to see if i like it not. That was one of the deciding factors. Picking it up today, hopefully be able to put it together tonight. Then not being able to walk tomorrow :).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice machine, runs very quite, smooth... The workout programs keep you sweeting and your heart rates up. I'd need at least another month on it to recommend it.

My rents are getting a $600 elipitical from sports authority later this month. So i'll have something to compare it too.