Evolution....

OK.... Maybe some of you might understand what I am trying to get across...... I believe in "most" of the science way of evolution.... but when i look at the stars at night..... sometimes i freak out..... why? this may come confusing to some, some might see where i am coming from..... what else is way out there?????? I mean wayyyyy out there... what was here zillion and zillions of years ago i mean seriously where did anything come from..... who/what created it?? who/created that created that? ok i really don't believe in the whole god thing? but we all have our beliefs..... but anyways who created god?? and i freak out because i really want to know i mean what if there was no earth? no planets no moons no stats NO SPACE AT ALL!!! NO NOTHING think about it....... what would anything would be??? it freaks the heck out of me!!!!! i know none of my questions in my head will be answered i just want to know if anyone freaks out like i do......???? anyone????

Sometimes I think the same way. I love to star gaze and study the cosmos, but as I learn more it freaks me out about what will happen and when it will happen. For ex., the star Betulguese, not sure the spelling, can at anytime explode into a supernova that will be so bright we can see it during the day. While doing so it will release different xrays that could possibly effect us. Scientists think it might be to far away to do so which is a good thing tho.

Another example is that when our Sun burns up all its hydrogen, it will turn into a red giant engulfing everyting up thru Earth and possibly Mars. One more thing that amazes me is that the moon is slowly getting farther and farther away by 1.5 inches a year.

Although these are all things that I wonder about and don't really have anything to do with the thread I will say this. I'm not one to believe in the Bible, but its not that I don't believe in God either. Sometimes I think that God is a being from a different galaxy or universe and they have mastered the powers that maybe someday we can master.

I feel that everything has to be created and God is no exception. But then what created whatever created God? The question goes on and on. I don't believe though that we were just put here in human form, I believe through a string of events that we evolved into what we are starting from the simplest of stagnamites or whatever little bacteria that first arrived here.

I wonder how the very first simplest life form came to Earth and my theory is that the bacteria that was first here that evolved into more complex life forms was frozen on an asteriod or meteorite that smashed into Earth and thawed out and survived.

I was watching the national geographic channed and they have studied meteorites that have landed on Earth. In particular one in Canada that landed in a frozen lake and was instantly preserved. Scientists said that in space the meteorite is obviously frozen and starts to burn while in the atmoshpere, causing the cool light we see, but only the outside burns, while the inside stays cold preserving any kind of form in it. I know its not an egg that cracks open and a lifeform comes out, but perhaps something clinging to it could survive.

Anyways as I continue to learn maybe I will get things straight and be able to explain myself a little bit better. I'm sure this is confusing, but thats my thoughts on the whole idea and i'm in a hurry cuz I have to go to work.

Actually i'm just flattered someone started a thread about this kind of thing because its something I think about too.

Edited by Pestilence

The meteorites you're talking about are called carbonaceous chondrites (sp?). Really neat stuff... and if that IS where the bacteria came from when it got here, then that means on some level, we're all aliens! :P

It also means that somewhere out there, there is (or was) another earth. People

should stop to understand the actual odds of something like evoloution

ocouring. Earth is not called the "miracle planet" for nothing. And miracles

are God's dept. Now go to bed Terrible!!!

OK.... Maybe some of you might understand what I am trying to get across...... I believe in "most" of the science way of evolution.... but when i look at the stars at night..... sometimes i freak out..... why? this may come confusing to some, some might see where i am coming from..... what else is way out there?????? I mean wayyyyy out there... what was here zillion and zillions of years ago i mean seriously where did anything come from..... who/what created it?? who/created that created that? ok i really don't believe in the whole god thing? but we all have our beliefs..... but anyways who created god?? and i freak out because i really want to know i mean what if there was no earth? no planets no moons no stats NO SPACE AT ALL!!! NO NOTHING think about it....... what would anything would be??? it freaks the heck out of me!!!!! i know none of my questions in my head will be answered i just want to know if anyone freaks out like i do......???? anyone????

Don't worry... someone will eventually make something up to explain what we can't. Wait..... this isn't a debate area... nm.

oh you can debate if you want to..... make something up ha ha ha!!!! O believe in the evolution of earth like how it has all evolved but i will prolly never believe in anything past the earth.... cause it is prolly impossible to really figure it all out.... SOMEONE MAKE ME A TIME MACHINE!

that happend to me back before I went to college. We used to pass around the peace pipe and gaze at the stars and all of studden your like wooahhhhh... I think its when you first realize how small you really are, and how we could easily not exist, but we can't even peek into the other other planets. There are billions of galaxies and billions of stars in the galaxy. Who knows maybe there billions of other planets like earth?!?!?

the galaxy or the universe is really a cool thing.....

mayb in like 10000000000000 years we'll be able to invent something that moves faster than the speed of light (if it's possible) and we might be able to travel the galaxy

another cool thing would be to live in space, in those space colonies. Like the ones in those gundam shows...anyone noe wut im talkin bout?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

God never had a begining and will never have an end.

It is hard for us to believe that because all of our lives we have seen everything have a begining and an end, for God to not have a begining and no end is confusing.

That is were faith comes in. In MY opinion (im not trying to shove my opionion on you guys) to think that the stars, earth, space, planets and our own bodies in all of their complexity, could be a mistake, would be ubsurd.

But hey, thats what I think.

When I stare up at the stars I think to myself, wow! God is certanly creative. I dont need to question anything anymore, I know its all Gods plan, and I have faith that it is all in his control and making.

I mean, how could all this beauty come from an accident? How could our perception on beauty be an accident?

The theroy on evolution is NOT wrong, things always do change. But the evolution of man from apes, or the big bang is wrong. (In my opinion)

Knowing all of this I dont freak out, instead I just enjoy the beauty of it all.

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998