brokeback mountain

lazarus

im surprised no one here posted about this moive. i did a quick search and didnt find anything.

so, i was reading a bunch of other forums discussing the movie, both in an itelligent and mature way AND the nooby way. so i thought to myself, i wonder what the people at gc think about it. and lo and behold...nothing?

anyway. this movie was amazing. cinematography was breath-taking. acting was incredible. story was awesome. such a powerful movie about two people in love, when society tells them not to be, and how they both deal with it, in their own ways. it was such a strange experience wanting them to get together, but at the same time feeling uncomfortable when they did. i think heath ledger did a great job just capturing that low-key southern drawl without overdoing it, like so many other actors do. the female supproting cast was first rate. overall this is one of the best movies this year (capote being the other).

so id like to hear some other opinions. and plz lets try to keep it civil. :hug:

4/4 Stars

I thought it was a great movie. Id be surprised if the Academy doesnt give it best picture this year. The outdoor scenes in the movie were beautifully shot. The acting was great. I only have one complaint about the movie...

*SPOILER*

They never clarified how Jack Twist died. Was it a gang of guys that killed him or was it him changing his tire on the road?

*END SPOILER*

all i can say is if Crash loses it will be like seattle seahawks in the bowl.

Crash was absolutley AWSOME..

powerful message

great acting

clever plot

surpising

I havent seen broke but people I know who have seen both have all said Crash is king...

my guess is crash will get robbed

if you havent seen it, see it.

Aug

all i can say is if Crash loses it will be like seattle seahawks in the bowl.

Crash was absolutley AWSOME..

powerful message

great acting

clever plot

surpising

I havent seen broke but people I know who have seen both have all said Crash is king...

my guess is crash will get robbed

if you havent seen it, see it.

Aug

Ive seen Crash, Brokeback, and Munich. I still think Brokeback will win.

yeah i actually have seen all the movies up for best movie this year...first time in a while.

but i think it'll be close bw brokeback and capote

I've now seen all the nominees except Capote. Its that good huh? Now I really wanna see it, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with yomamma.

serenity while ENTERTAINING was not a potential oscar movie. i would agree that most comedies get over looked as do most sci-fi. but these movies do not rely heavily on superior acting, directing, and the like. which is why they dont get nominated.

I think Crash was as good a movie since shawshank and Gump.

The whole story of judgement and lifes problems rang so true that I was completely awwed.

Now I still havent seen the others and I dare not judge them but I cant see the notebook not even being nominated for movie of the year (i think 2 years ago) but this love story does? The notebook was a good movie that actually inspires of what long relationships can be.

But like I said I've only seen crash and not the others but I thought this movie was soooo soo powerful.

aug

I had a Brokeback Mountain movie marathon with a bunch of my buddies. We all got together, smoked some cigars, drank a lot of beer, and watched the movie. Things got kinda interesting after that.

I don't want to talk about it.

:biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Why anyone would want to see a movie about Lunk and Fatty is beyond me. :wub: