Which RPG

Chimmpp

Right now the only games for my computer that I have are: CS:S, BF2, and Diablo 2 LOD. My friends have GUild Wars and WOW, but I wasnt sure which one to get. Also, if there are any other good ones, please tell me, mostly because I dont really want to pay a monthly fee!

JC - we could help you out with that mission! Lemme guess, is it Thirsty River in the Crystal Desert? :)

@Chimmpp -- here's a breakdown as I see it between Guild Wars and WoW.

Guild Wars: first and foremost, eye candy. There are tons of breathtaking scenes everywhere, and I've heard of a lot of people just stopping to take screenshots. GW goes for the "realistic" graphics style. As far as gameplay goes, there aren't as many spells available, and it's more of a matter of which spell combinations work best. Also, the highest level one can attain is 20, so the gameplay is based more on skill than who has grinded along in levels longer. Another item of interest -- skill points can be reassigned (for example, say you don't want a ranger with a pet anymore, so you can re-assign those skill points to marksmanship). GW is free to play, and there are new areas to explore every 3 months or so.

WoW: stays true to the Warcraft art style. That is to say -- cartoonish. But very colorful. What lacks in design is more than compensated in complexity, though. There are tons of spells that can be used at any time, lots of character classes, a very large environment to explore, and a nice economy. Prices haven't inflated a ton with macro farmers, ebayers and the like. The highest level is 60 or so (I believe), so there is a lot of character building to be done. WoW is pay-to-play, and there are new areas to explore every 2-3 months or so.

GC Alumni
JC - we could help you out with that mission! Lemme guess, is it Thirsty River in the Crystal Desert? :)

...I beat all those already.

It's the Thunderhead Keep one in the southern Shiverpeaks.

No matter WHO I go with, we keep getting our asses handed to us.

Edited by JackieChan

There are no "servers" per se... the game isn't very network-intensive, so the game is divided up by continents (North America, Europe, etc). All you have to do is add someone to your buddy list, and you two can meet up in a town (divided by "district").

Well, I suppose the "district" is as close to a "server" as you can get. So when you're in the game, buddy one of the people in the guild wars handle list thread and send a message to them. Ask what town and district they're in, and join them there! :)

@@UnChan - I roll with a pretty good guild called the Gathering Order. I'm usually on weeknights, so send me a message on there and we'll help you out. I'll see if I can get you into our TS server too -- you'll see what it's like beating a mission with a REAL group. :D

@@UnChan - I roll with a pretty good guild called the Gathering Order. I'm usually on weeknights, so send me a message on there and we'll help you out. I'll see if I can get you into our TS server too -- you'll see what it's like beating a mission with a REAL group. :D

Rgr that.

X-Fire me sometime then.

Rgr that.

X-Fire me sometime then.

We also have our own message board on here for Guildies. :) And I don't see a problem getting you into our TS server JC.

• 2 weeks later...

Rgr that.

X-Fire me sometime then.

We also have our own message board on here for Guildies. :) And I don't see a problem getting you into our TS server JC.

<_<

I don't like going in TS. It's just that one applications that I hardly use except for CAL and playground matches.