Prayer Request

Karen called me while I was at work Friday to tell me that our friends, Matt and Sarah, had had their baby at 3AM that morning. It was 6lb baby girl that they had named Mattea Ruth. Karen had set up with Sarah that we could bring some food over for them to their house today and to come visit the new baby.

About 10PM we got a phone call last night from Sarah. Evidently while Mattie was in the nursery at the birthing unit she started having some siezures. The doctors ran a battery of tests to try to figure out why she was having them. They have determined that Mattie had had a stroke either in utero or during the delivery and we concerned that there might be some brain damage as a result.

I just got off of the phone with Karen, and the neurologist at the Children's hospital was due to come see Matt and Sarah today and talk with them a little more about what was going on. However, some good news in the interim, their pediatrician has said that after looking at the results off all of the tests they ran on Mattie, he doesn't "see" anything wrong with her. No blood on the brain or anything that would make them think that she has an ongoing or fatal problem.

Please pray for their comfort and for the health of their new daughter.

Thanks.