router

Z3RO

ok i have a router in my system. i also have a 14 year old cusin tht likes to dl music while i ply css. this makes me lag bad. i was wondering if thier was a way to make my other computer in the system have minimal bandwidth while allowing my computer to go full throtel

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If your cousin is using wireless there may be a wireless setting to limit his bandwidth usage. Otherwise, a 3rd party program on HIS computer is the only way.

Well, what router do you have? Some routers are pretty flexible on how you can set QoS, which will help. The Linksys WRT-54G series have a fair amount of functions, and I'm sure comparable routers have similar capabilities. If you post up your router model (and firmware version, if you can find it, just in case) then we can help you figure out if its possible.

Of course, this is assuming you have access to the router. That's not always a safe assumption.

ok i have a router in my system. i also have a 14 year old cusin tht likes to dl music while i ply css. this makes me lag bad. i was wondering if thier was a way to make my other computer in the system have minimal bandwidth while allowing my computer to go full throtel

You better hurry and kick him off, he is causing alot of packet loss on your end, just look and the mispelled words and missing letters :smillie_smilling:

its usually the upload the kills your bandwidth, tell him to stop sharing.

i also use the gamefuel and i find it's pretty good. the one thing that must be noted is that it only prioritizes upstream. if you're dling full you'll still lag. most connections have enough headroom to overcome that.