Final Fantasy VIII a PS3 exclusive?

Goofus Maximus

The japs generally don't like Microsoft or the XBox. Games that sell better in NA are the only ones that the japs will port to XBox and FF isn't one of them. The main series will always be on PS, or maybe Nintendo at some point.

VIII = 8 :D

This isn't a big suprise. The Revolution might not be powerful enough to run games that are for the PS3 and the Japanese just don't suppport the Xbox.

I don't think the main series will ever go back to Nintendo. The main series before Final Fantasy 7 were all on NES or SNES. Nintendo once in a while might recreate older ones. Like they did with FF IV for GBA.

ps3 did have a trailer out for ff7 for the ps3, i think it was showing the first part of the game with cloud at the train, it looked so sick i almost cried.

i screamed out please japenese people make this game for whitey, i hope they heard me

they did...but they didn't understand...they don't speak english...that FF7 trailer was only a tech demo...now if they had stabbed me in the eye I would buy one...but a FF7 teaser that will never come to fruition? thats cruel!

I don't see why it surprises people that a series which has been on PS for the past 10 years is still on. FF is too good for a crappy system like 360 anyway.

As for the tech demo, if you look around the web, fan responses is causing the FF7 remake to become a reality. Tetsuya Nomura hinted that with time, it is in his agenda.

I've also noticed that IGN gave Kingdom Hearts 2 a 7.6, while press avg is 9.0, as well as reader reviews. The reader reviews are quite humourous.