Annoying Barriers

[LaW]Maverick

Ok, so here's my idea:

I played in a server the other day where you could actually MOVE objects around without bouncing off them like some half-drunk monkey. It was easy to set up effective barriers because you weren't tossing a grenade in a corner and HOPING that the filing cabinets land correctly, or shooting a barrel into a doorway and hoping it stops where you wanted to. You just push the stuff around, and, like in real life, the more stuff you put in the way, the harder it is to remove it. In other words, if you put one barrel in a doorway in real life, someone will kick it out of the way or step over it. However, if you put three barrels stacked against one another in the same doorway the person trying to get through will have a hard time about it.

My idea is simple. From what I've heard you can achieve these more realistic objects through simply changing a setting. For me, actually being able to build barricades and not bouncing off of inanimate objects that shouldn't be able to push me around makes the game 10 times better.

So what do you guys think? Could we institute more realistic objects? :bang:

You know, I thought I should add one more thing: thanks for keeping the servers going for so long. I'd be depressed if I had to go and find another server after playing on .gc for so long. I mean...I came over with guys from SAB, which was a LOOOONG time ago, and have since lost track of how long I've played on GC. So keep up the good work, and consider making me an admin for free! (j/k)

:peace:

The reason it isnt enabled by default is becouse it puts additional stress on the server and client, as they try to keep all the physics on all the clients/server in total sync. Alot of servers cant handle that load, especially when dealing with 25 clients. But if the gc servers are half as good as i think they are, it might just work as well.

I played on a server where players had unlimited ammo and didnt have to reload, so they would get about 5 of them firing and nading cabinets and what have you into doorways, budiling barriers and what have you. It was really fun!

*ends pointless contribution to topic*