Only Issue With XP x64

whudats

So, up until now I haven't had any issues with XP x64. I've found everything I've needed - drivers, virus software, etc.

HOWEVER, when I tried to burn a disc from iTunes, it won't recognize my burner. I googled it, of course, and it seems to be an issue with iTunes and XP x64, and there doesn't seem to be a workaround.

So, just an FYI post to anyone who was given a copy, because I don't really see anybody buying it with Vista coming out and the lack of support from Microsoft.

I'm about 2 weeks into my 180 day trial, which was only $6 for the shipping, so I can't really complain...

:twitch:

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I can't wait for Vista :). I don't understand why MS even wasted their money on XP 64. I guess when you're filthy rich you can make all the mistakes you want.

It was proof of concept, like the 3 button Optimus keyboard (this comment will likely jack the thread so I'm going to apologize in advance). Microsoft wanted to show that it was possible and within their grasp for a full fledged product. As eventual as that comment is, they did it. Xp64 is trash in my opinion and I personally feel like Seattle took all the people off of it a while ago to work on vista. That is fine with me as I would rather have an ACTUAL product with ACTUAL drivers then all this beta xp64 nonsense.

' date='Apr 17 2006, 07:52 PM' post='324122']

It was proof of concept, like the 3 button Optimus keyboard (this comment will likely jack the thread so I'm going to apologize in advance). Microsoft wanted to show that it was possible and within their grasp for a full fledged product. As eventual as that comment is, they did it. Xp64 is trash in my opinion and I personally feel like Seattle took all the people off of it a while ago to work on vista. That is fine with me as I would rather have an ACTUAL product with ACTUAL drivers then all this beta xp64 nonsense.

si...ahhh i mean yes!

A copy of x64 came in a package from the university of Akron that cost 20 bucks. Included both 32 bit and 64 bit editions. The only reason that im not using the x64 edition is that I couldnt find wireless drivers that worked with x64. Now that im not using wireless, I should try it out.

A copy of x64 came in a package from the university of Akron that cost 20 bucks. Included both 32 bit and 64 bit editions. The only reason that im not using the x64 edition is that I couldnt find wireless drivers that worked with x64. Now that im not using wireless, I should try it out.

It's not that bad. I haven't compared it to the 32 bit edition on my new system - I've only used the x64 edition - so I don't know how it compares speed/stablity-wise with the 32 bit. But, I've had ZERO crashes or stability problems, no issues whatsoever, besides the goofy iTunes one. And I don't burn music CDs much at all, so no real big deal.

Here's a link with some more info on x64 issues if you are thinking of trying it. I would recommend it if you are installing an OS anyway, just to try.

http://www.devx.com/amd/Article/30093

Noone bought windows 64, In my opinion, All they did was throw the source code on a 64 bit compiler, Re-compiled, did a little debugging and wala, you have Win 64 bit. So if you wonder why they spent the time releasing it, thats the thing, they didnt spend anytime to make it. Considering Microsofts budget, a few weeks or a month to create Win64 cost them basically nothing.

Now Vista is supposed to be nice, but like every other microsoft product, it will be something that I will never pay for. Why pay for a product when you can get the same or better for free.. I know, i know, its super user-friendly....

Noone bought windows 64, In my opinion, All they did was throw the source code on a 64 bit compiler, Re-compiled, did a little debugging and wala, you have Win 64 bit. So if you wonder why they spent the time releasing it, thats the thing, they didnt spend anytime to make it. Considering Microsofts budget, a few weeks or a month to create Win64 cost them basically nothing.

Now Vista is supposed to be nice, but like every other microsoft product, it will be something that I will never pay for. Why pay for a product when you can get the same or better for free.. I know, i know, its super user-friendly....

Heheheh. I would write a response to this detailing my feelings but I wouldn't be able to say it better then NOFX already has.