Is UT2k4 worth installing? +more

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I bought UT2k4 a long time ago and played it a few times before I let it collect dust. It was nowhere near as fun as UT99 and in some ways, not as good looking! On top of that, all the trickjumps and silly stuff turned me off. Turns out that my "play" disc is now trashed and will not work anymore however I still have a legit key + the other installation discs. Is the game even worth going to the trouble of replacing this disc (if possible, how?) or am I screwed out of 30 bucks?

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
New copies are $10 bucks now - prob the easiest route at this point. Nab a copy and come get trounced in our 26 player Onslaught server (if you didn't try the Onslaught mode, you kinda missed out a bit...)

-Fk

Hmm, at this point I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay for another copy. I'm contemplating just giving my key away if that's the case :(

You know, I have to say...

I got started with Quake and UT originally (1998-99) or so...

I did not like UT2004 when it came out, b/c all I played was UT99. After playing, for some time, however, I've come to respect and love the game.

Essentially, it is all I play in the online world. (yes...that means no BF2, COD, or CSS).

I've tried all those online, but for me, UT2004 holds more intrique, less scripting, more fun, more diverse maps, more mods, etc...

Give it a shot, for a while, and let us know!

Waiting 2-4 days for it to arrive at your place isn't a long time... you could just order, forget about it, and be all surprised when it shows up!

I'm not sure that several months would be enough UT time if 2k7 is expected to come out this year. I'll check out that download website to see if I'm going to download it. If it's 10 dollars there, you could see me playing in the servers here.

I personally love 2k4..if you like fast paced styles like myself find a good PIG (CTF) or BinSlayer (DM) server. There are many out there such as BOS (Bin) or AoX for PIG.

I hung up my cap on 2k4 for very odd reasons, but my community, FairGamers, is hyped and anxious for 2k7 to hit the shelves. I know i hope to run into may GCers during that time.