got banned for name

MOG

I just would like to know how "Morbidly Obese Girlscout" is offensive to anyone who would be playing CS?

Pretty sure we have no actual girlscouts who would be playing.

Thats all, simple question.

My Great Great Grandmother Edna was a girlscout as a kid and then became a leader, she always had a weight problem and one day in Late June she passed away from eating 40 boxes of girlscout cookies.

My Great Great Grandmother Edna was a girlscout as a kid and then became a leader, she always had a weight problem and one day in Late June she passed away from eating 40 boxes of girlscout cookies.

nofx ftw, please read the big yellow banner and post back

MOG

See you made it funny too.

MOG

Seriosly, don't you think political correctness has gone a bit too far when you are banning for a name that you can't honestly say is offensive to anyone. Bad taste? maybe. But not offensive. People have merged the two into one category it seams. It's like banning someone for the name "Jerkface" Could it be offensive to someone with a face? If you take it waaaaay to the extreme, i suppose so.

the world isn't all puppies and bunnies. If you protect your children from the real world they will not be prepared for it when they get there and they will fail at life. I RL people make bad jokes, they poke fun, they laugh.

I don't know what else to say i guess. I understand the rules, but man, there's much more offensive stuff to worry about than the name "Morbidly Obese Girlscout" I mean really, have you been on the internet?

MOG

maybe that's not why you were banned. maybe it was. but if you're here to get the ban lifted, we need more info. if you're here just to complain, we don't want any girl scout cookies.

bannedforum.jpg

MOG

I was specifically told today "Change your name or you will be banned" Then i got scolded for asking a few questions about the name.

MOG
please, click the yellow banner. fill in 1-6. you're missing a steam id. time would be nice, too.

I didnt actually get banned, just got threatened. Just wanted to know why my name was such a big deal.

Thanks for the quick responses BTW.

I didnt actually get banned, just got threatened.
kudos for coming to the forum to discuss instead of making a scene ingame. nice touch :halo:

personally, i don't find your name alone to be offensive or warrant a change. but i also wasn't there. it's entirely possible the admin saw something else you said or did and the name put it over the top, or maybe he was just busy cleaning the rest of the server and you were just part of that process. either way, thanks for not throwing a fit ingame.

if it comes up again in the future, take note of the admins name and send him a private message through the forums and see if he can fill you in.

<runs through list of admins>

Hmmm....only girlscout I have is Mag, but he's not that overweight, so I'd think he wouldn't have been offended......<thumbs through a couple more pages>...hmm....

Was this via the console messages? Did it say: Consoole: blah blah...?