Whats your favorite version of Linux?

Ubuntu seems to be the current "user friendliest" version. Ubuntu is a pretty easy version to use in my opinion. When I decided I wanted to mess around with Linux I installed Slackware. My thinking behind this was that if I pixed the most ridiculous distro it would just whip me into shape for Linux. I did learn a little bit but it did mostly kick my butt.

I tried Linspire, wasn't all that impressed with it.

Now, I've got a dual boot setup on my laptop with SUSE 10 and XP Home. Works pretty good when I use it. I even figured out how to get my wireless card to work in Linux. Haven't really played with it much in the last couple of months. Actually took that harddrive out of my laptop and put another one in with just XP on it. I swap harddrives in it quite frequently. :peace:

Debian all the way. Ubuntu is based off debian and is the user friendly version.

I like debian because you can install whatever you like. All you do is install the base kernal. You get a command prompt.

if you don't want a window manger you don't need it. but no matter what program you want.

apt-get install programname.

accesses the internet and downloads whatever you like

apt-get install open-office. yes, its that easy :)