Lots of free time in holidays

In the holidays I'm going to have a bit of spare time, and usually in the summer I try and take it upon myself to do something constructive with my time and learn something new relating to computers.

During previous summers I've learnt the basics about html and setting up websites/forums as well as css servers. I tried a bit of mapping and during this year I've learnt a bit about custom built computers (the painful way, but I guess its the best way aswell).

Any suggestions on new things to learn about?

I'm thinking about learning how to make sites using marcomedia flash. I may also try and use flash to create some animated tactics for cs just for fun (have a map overview and then little dots moving about all over the place throwing smoke nades and flashes and then executing some neat rushes).

Any suggestions on other things to investigate into? I'm not trying to obtain an expert knowledge into everything, but merely just expand my experience with computer applications. Can anyone recommend any good guides for various things?

Another idea would be along the lines of video making, I might give that a go.

i'd say learn flash. you don't have to become an expert to do things that look cool, and things that look cool must be cool (and thus get "the chicks"). besides, you never know when you're going to need to uniquely present a project/idea/concept at work. having an edge up with something like flash is pretty practical.

or you could also try partypoker.net

It's a database query language, used for accessing information stored in Oracle, Sybase, DB2 etc.

My understanding is that mySQL is a cut down version a bit like VBScript compared to VB, but I'm no techie and could well be wrong.

I might learn how to become a hacker. That guy from britain who hacked into the usa military computer system has inspired me.

Sql sounds a little too complicated.

Does anyone have any good guides for learning the basics of flash? I googled it and most of the results are requiring me to purchase a package. Are there any free tools out there or good trials?

I might learn how to become a hacker. That guy from britain who hacked into the usa military computer system has inspired me.

Sql sounds a little too complicated.

I like how SQL is too complicated but learning computer hacking is a walk in the park. :o