Modern Myths

mookie

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
More myths I've seen: tactical FPS games take less skill because people just find a spot and wait for someone to click on. Definitely not true. It's a practiced art, and takes time to learn how to predict enemy movement/behavior on a map.

Another one: reflex FPS games take little skill, since people just mash the keyboard/controller and spam for kills. Different type of skills used.

For the AWP taking no skill debate - I think it does. I think ALL weapons require skill to be used properly. There's a saying in the military: "if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."

I remember being SO FRUSTRATED when I'd see people spam spidermines in Unreal Tournament. They were little creatures that would chase you and detonate when they got close enough. What kind of skill does that take, right? But they'd be able to take me down pretty consistently. So selecting a weapon that could easily disable me was very effective, and hence skilled. I had to adapt by figuring out a way to stop the little buggers (which I did), and cancel out that skill.

I think the same thing applies with the AWP. It doesn't take any skill? Ok, then that shouldn't bother you. Just eliminate the AWPer and continue on. But something tells me that in the back of your mind, what you're REALLY thinking is "I don't have the skill to get around the AWPer". Adapt or complain... it's your choice. :)

Well said. Imo, some of the most skillful things you can do in CS are evading and dealing with awpers. That's why I like playing with the awp enabled even though I hate getting killed by it. It's alot more challenging when there's awpers present, especially good ones.

Myth: That you can't use bots in your clan in CAL.

---------------------------------------

that a pump shotty can give a headshot from 300 meters.
that's not a myth!!!

---------------------------------------

btw, I've seen ppl play CS for the first time. I will give em an aug or m4 or something and they will get kills. I give em an awp, and they cant get a single kill. Also, its bogus to say that it doesnt take skill to awp other good awpers.