Seattle Status Report...

Seattle has pooploads of traffic, but few regulars. I can see some sticking around though, more and more... With a little TLC and the redirects... Seattle will be as big as Immutable.

We should, for the time being, remove any and all downloaded content... like Contra. That map singlehandedly brought the server from full capacity to about 10 people. Newbies to GC don't like content being pushed to them they may or may not be familiar with. Just a suggestion. While I was there, players asked me to change the map, which I did to CS_Italy... and it reached full capacity again.

As for myself, I'm still fumbling with the admin menu... I froze a guy, asked him to change his name... took too long to unfreeze him and someone killed him. Felt a little bad about that.

Dun

YAAA a good freeze seems to always work with some of the new ones..PLUS everyone takes notice of the pretty lights and says" ahhhh..look at that are those the northern lights?? "

I asked Laz to help me with this, but he kept screaming and screaming at me because I'm... deerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... a aa ..a kinda slow.

How come some of the admin menu items don't work? I tried using "4", then "5" for "single map vote." Didn't work. I have to build it then run it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get a hang of voting, since I feel that just changing the map without a vote is rude.

funny.

anyway, if youd liek to ask other admins for help with Mani Admin Menu, Id recommend posting in the admin forums rather than Seattle Status report in the seattle server forums...

just a thought :)

Why must you always degrade me? *cries*

As you can see from the graph the normal level of degrading is in the blue..where with J we have increases the start of degrading which is the red line.. :)

rfairygraph.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Seattle has pooploads of traffic, but few regulars. I can see some sticking around though, more and more... With a little TLC and the redirects... Seattle will be as big as Immutable.

We should, for the time being, remove any and all downloaded content... like Contra. That map singlehandedly brought the server from full capacity to about 10 people. Newbies to GC don't like content being pushed to them they may or may not be familiar with. Just a suggestion. While I was there, players asked me to change the map, which I did to CS_Italy... and it reached full capacity again.

As for myself, I'm still fumbling with the admin menu... I froze a guy, asked him to change his name... took too long to unfreeze him and someone killed him. Felt a little bad about that.

Dun

I agree contra has been emptying Seattle a lot. I have been there a few times and faced bots by myself on Contra. It is a very fun map, and we should add it again when we get some more regulars.

Funny you should mention this...Contra is part of the map-o-the-week thing I've been doing. ( The next week's cal-O map is featured each week). However, due to its traffic issues, it has been pulled from all rotaions except primetime. The new advert for Map-o-w was changed to reflect this.