DaVinci Code

YoMamma

A friend of mine works at the theater, so I got to see this movie a day in advance.

Anyways, Id give it 2.5/4 Stars

It was good, but not great. The movie should have been shorter for one. Secondly they could have called it "Tom's Clues" because the whole movie Tom Hanks is just solving one clue after the next. Its worth seeing once, but not worth rushing out to see.

Did you read the book? If so, do you think it was important to catch what was going on, or was the movie pretty good aboot bringing you up to speed?

I didnt read the book, but my dad did. He pretty much told me what the book was about and from what he told me, the movie seems to stay true to the book. I didnt find the movie confusing, but I can see how people could get lost watching the movie if theyre not paying attention.

Saw it last weekend. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. PG-13, so no female nudity but enough violence. I don't see what's particularly objectionable about it, either, though if you are a member of the Catholic church, particularly a high-ranking clergy who is trying to keep a very large fact hidden, or a member of Opus Dei, particularly a radical member, you may be a bit upset. Knights Templar need not apply.

On a related note, I didn't know albino monks made it under PG-13 ratings. I figured that'd be R for sure. I mean, c'mon...Albino monks!

I loved the book, the movie was ok though. It was interesting seeing what that cytex.. however you spell it really looked like though. The book is all about solving the riddle one piece after another so it stays to the book pretty well.

The thing people are objecting is the fact that Jesus is considered human. It's just a book and movie, but it can cause an uproar in the christian faith. My step dad made me read 3 books saying the bible is true after he found out i read the da vinci code. -_- My family is pretty hardcore christian and i'm atheist so i get pounded about the bible a lot.

I like Dan Brown's writing style *the author of the book* but i would have rather seen a movie of "Angels and Demons" since that was a much better book, in my opinion. But overall the da vinci code was a good movie.

I read the book, but haven't seen the movie yet. I'll get back to y'all after I have. ;)

I read the book too. I think the movie followed it well. It isn't a great movie, but if you liked the book, you will like the movie. I think the negative comments come from those who expected more, given the hype. Those who have read the book know what they are getting themselves into.

I loved the book, the movie was ok though. It was interesting seeing what that cytex..

i havent seen the movie yet, but this is basically the only reason i actually want to see it. I want to seee all the puzzles, actions, riddles, crime scenes and etc... instead of just imagining it in my head