Fishing!

Nick Soapdish

lets see some pics and stories. i'm a huge fly fisherman and spin fisher. i have 3 lakes within a mile of my house and i fish at least once a day.

here's a pic of a 38" pike i caught in my lake, biggest in the lake i think to date.

pike large pic

here's 2 pics of the carp i landed on 6lb test, took me 45 mins. it weighed over 29lbs which qualified me and my dad as master anglers of north america. i gots me a badge for it.

carp

carp with dad and bros

i went out this mornin on lake erie and caught 7 walleye, that was a good dinner!

I miss fishing. A lot of good memories.

Have gone 2 times in the past 2 years and caught a total of 2 fish, a bass and a crappy, both about 6-7 inches long. Still a great time. :)

Used to fish all the time, especially at night for catfish.

Now I'm justing biding time till my son is old enough.

sweet fish. pretty big. went fishing with my dad back in the day. caught a one inch bluegail. almost tugged me in the water. put up more fight than the larger bass i caught. of course i was a mere 5 years old.

Somewhere Magruter is drooling.

HEHE!! Nice pike, Chunky little basterd! Wierd stomach on him, right below the ribcage.

I try to get out at least once or twice a week, going to mercer at the end of the month for a week, so hopefully I'll come back with some nice pictures.

I got out 1/2 day thursday, all day friday, and half day saturday.. ..We saw 3 fish, boated one little dink 27 incher, and a 14 inch smallie on 9" suick. Talk about an aggresive fish! Biggest fish caught this weekend was 42 inches, tough fishing this weekend.

ive been fishing after work for a good 2 weeks for rainbows and brookies. been eating good almost every night! Still need to get out on the lake and catch some nice smallmouth tho. Also just bought a new Bass Pro Bionic Blade/Bionic baitcaster im dying to try.

• 2 weeks later...

You catching those crappies on minnows?

I took my son to the store today to buy his first fishing gear, a spider man rod and reel set. Casts fairly well for a kids set, although he hooked his neck trying to do it himself (he's about to turn 3 y.o. and somehow reeled it in and tried to cast before my wife or I caught him). He got some bites on the power bait chucks we were using, but didn't quit get the concept of waiting to reel them in.