RANDOM HS!

witt

Case in point.

I peek around a corner and spot an enemy, but i'm not lined up so I pre-fire a missed shot which starts the recoil monster in motion...so I will probably not win the encounter.

One of our many uber skilled members or regs are more apt to round the same corner with a more accurate perception of where the enemy is suppose to be and has already made up their mind that if they see something they shoot it without thought.

Reversely, the guy that took me down was probably indeed waiting for me to round that corner and was metally prepared to take the action. In the end, he/she wins not because his 29th bullet randommly hit me in the head...but because he was aiming at me the whole time. The fact that only the 29th bullet hit me was more lucky than unlucky from my point of view and was a discredit to my opponent.

<lower's ego down a notch or two>

NS, GG

Edited by Brillow_Head

bah, i have to wait till i get off work to read this...

Access Denied

You have attempted to access an Internet site that is filtered/blocked by Honeywell.

This site is currently filtered because the associated content is not considered appropriate or critical to the operation of Honeywell's businesses.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
bah, i have to wait till i get off work to read this...
Access Denied

You have attempted to access an Internet site that is filtered/blocked by Honeywell.

This site is currently filtered because the associated content is not considered appropriate or critical to the operation of Honeywell's businesses.

http://anonymouse.org/, free online proxy :D

Lots of companies (like mine) aren't keen on circumventing policies network admins put in place for a reason. In fact, that can be grounds for dismissal.

Back on topic, nothing drives me nuts more than some jump-jump rox guy just completely owning me. It's hard to think "I missed the shots" more than "they got lucky". Because it's very, very unlikely that they got lucky - it's more likely that I underestimated their skill.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

Going back on topic, Here's my list of stupid deaths:

1. People who were already were aiming in my direction (ie I peaked or rushed somewhere blindly).

2. Tactical blunders where I am camping in the wrong spot with no back up

3. Camping a spot where I have to watch too many sides.

4. Switching or reloading weapons at the wrong time.

5. Popping out from cover while priming a nade at the same time even though I know it's better to either prime the nade ahead of time, bank it, or wait for the right opportunity to use it.

6. Jumping the moment I see someone, bad habits from DM games and the old days when jumping didn't kill accuracy.

7. Crouching the moment I see someone especially if they were already aiming at me.

Yeah, lots or people either reload while they're running out in the open or run around holding a nade...both bad ideas.

i hav no idea why i sometimes do that. I always tell myself not to do it, but i always end up doing it.

Yeah, lots or people either reload while they're running out in the open or run around holding a nade...both bad ideas.

i hav no idea why i sometimes do that. I always tell myself not to do it, but i always end up doing it.

Same here. I'll sometimes shoot 2 bullets, reload, get killed while reloading stupidly, then I say to myself "Why did I reload?" Then I'll do it again next round. lol

:bang:

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
what makes it worse is when u spec the guy who just killed you with an incredible shot, just to see that he has no clue what he is doing

Naa, the worst is when the guy that kills you gets killed soon after. If you just waited a couple seconds more someone else could have killed him....

I think its so funny when people blame their deaths on something other than themselves...

shot registration is horrible!!! haha I will continue to believe that is a myth, until someone can provide a video to me, showing that they shot a person, and then showing the person with 100 health.

anyway, no matter what your excuse is, its YOUR fault you died.

whhaaa I have choke. Well, if you know you have choke, play the game like you have choke and don't expect the game play to be as it would with a 5ms ping. If its THAT bad, then why even play?

whhaa my team sucks. Well, play like your team sucks, dont rush out everytime, you know they other side is going to run over you, so why do you play like you would if you had a good team?

whhaaa awpers.. Why don't you play like there are awpers everywhere and not rush out into the clear?

whaa my teamates are looking the other way and I got knifed from behind.. Why don't you use your radar, notice noone is guarding that area and help your team out by watching your back?

I could go on and on, but all I have to say is everytime you die, its your fault and your fault only. Just think..... if you would have camped spawn, You would have never died because your teammate wasn't watching your back.

shot registration is horrible!!! haha I will continue to believe that is a myth, until someone can provide a video to me, showing that they shot a person, and then showing the person with 100 health.

Are you honestly saying you've never had a shot not register?

I don't even think that's possible.

Indeed I am.. have you ever been in an AWP fight with 1 other person. You have your crosshairs on him, you fire and he fires, you hear your shot, but you die immediatly afterwards? Is this something with shot registration?

Given my knowledge of networks and software design. I would guess that, his packet of information reached the server milliseconds before yours did. Therefore killing you first and since your client side has not received this update from the server(yet), you think you got your shot off.

I have never shot at anyone, seen the blood and did 0 damage.

Im by no means a gaming programmer expert, but I would assume that you send an X,Y and Z coordinates to the server when you fire a shot. If someones hitbox is within that line of fire, then it does damage, If they aren't there, it doens't do damage. Its not like your bullets are magically lost somewhere within cyberspace.

I think its all your head!!! but then again I could be wrong and be invincible to the shot registration bug.

What is your cl_interp set too?

I tried having mine on the default 0.1, I've tried it on 0.04 because I have around a 40 ping, I've tried it on 0.01 so its supposedly right on the model. I get non-registered shots with all of them. 95% of the time, headshots.

Indeed I am.. have you ever been in an AWP fight with 1 other person. You have your crosshairs on him, you fire and he fires, you hear your shot, but you die immediatly afterwards? Is this something with shot registration?

Given my knowledge of networks and software design. I would guess that, his packet of information reached the server milliseconds before yours did. Therefore killing you first and since your client side has not received this update from the server(yet), you think you got your shot off.

I have never shot at anyone, seen the blood and did 0 damage.

Im by no means a gaming programmer expert, but I would assume that you send an X,Y and Z coordinates to the server when you fire a shot. If someones hitbox is within that line of fire, then it does damage, If they aren't there, it doens't do damage. Its not like your bullets are magically lost somewhere within cyberspace.

I think its all your head!!! but then again I could be wrong and be invincible to the shot registration bug.

I've shot many people in the face to no avail...client side registers the hit but the server does not :shrug03:

Anyways...I'm now going to blame Xfon for all my deaths...

Ya, it definitely happens. I've been on both ends of it. The most noticeable time is when a tank hits a raptor and you can SEE the explosion, yet the raptor keeps on flying. (For you non-UT weirdos, that's a 1-hit kill). If I'm in the raptor when that happens, I go "whoo hoo! one of my nine lives!" but if I'm in the tank, it's freakin' BOGUS! :)