Nepenthe Update - Mid-June 2006

1) Reserve Kicks.

I give up - serverext reserves and whatever else we run with do not play nicely with one another.

For the last week we have been running with expanding the number of slots to allow our reserves in (ie - no one gets kicked) and that didn't take at all.

We are now with uadminmod reserves (expanding the number of slots again - no kicks) and we'll see if this takes.

Remember - our reserves DO have dibs - members pay for thsoe dibs - so if you still find yourself occasionally kicked by our reserve program, do not take it personally.

Important FYI: However you get removed from the server for reserves, at no time EVER are people actively kicked by an admin for that purpose - the reserves are initiated only via mutators and the like running on the server. We do not give a yell to a buddy on teamspeak and tell him or her to "make room" - that doesn't happen here. Just so you know.

Hopefully, this will now be all tweaked out.

Besides - you have something else to grumble about now...

2) Node configs are new!

So Wentz, tired of Arctic? Tired of the endlessly futile base smackdown endgames on many of the other std. maps too?

Well, the 10 minute rounds have helped mitigate the pain at least somewhat (I still remember when we had 20 minute rounds set, dria, and 5 rounds of OT - bout two hours of the same map - whew!)

So now, how about we make comebacks at least theoretically possible on some of the std. maps?

Jolt.as.jpg

Arctic Stronghold - Jolt configuration

Nuff said - Jolt FTW!

Fyi - server startup script still has std. AS so you will see the usual arctic when the server gets rebooted - after that, the next time AS comes around, it will be Jolt.

F.torlan.jpg

Torlan - Flitterkill

Team's primary node does not link at all to corner node from base. Base *does* link directly to corner node - and center as well. Should mix things up nicely. Redeemers std. in all lockers. No, wait... no.

F.crossfire.jpg

Crossfire - Flitterkill

Not as insane as my unbound linkage but this should get the job done. Two paths to core, extra nodes active. Can isolate via center route.

F.redplanet.jpg

Red Planet- Flitterkill

Ehhh...it's Red Planet.

F.dria.jpg

Dria- Flitterkill

I may have seen this linkage before but cannot remember where... Anyways, two paths to core + 10 minute rounds = less endgame smackdowns.

Complaints, praises, spam in 3...2...1...

-Fk

...Liftoff?

Boy, I'm glad I never had Flitter for any classes when I was in school. I think I sense an evil

streak lurking just beneath the surface! :biglaugha:

All I have got to say is that this will be interesting. I reserve judgement until I play the new configs

(and it looks like this weekend is bad). I'm game to try it - after all, the "training" has just gone

out the window.

Deemers in Torlan would have been interesting. Would have been a nice experiment.

The new node connections with the old maps breaths some new life into them. You still know where everything is but the strats definitely change. So far so good but we were playing short on people. I liked the added vehicles besides the node connection changes on Dria.

(edited)

They should do a bud light commercial about shadow

Real men of genius!

Today we solute you Mr. huge font signature guy

daring to go beyond the realm of acceptability, you blow your sig banners up to the size of a small volkswagon.

(typin smalls for wussies!)

36 font? Childsplay. 48 font? Please. If your letters were people they'd clean out an all-you-can-eat buffet with ease and alacrity.

So crack open an ice cold bud light old commander of the caps lock, for you make our screens a little brighter.

Mr. huge font signature guy@!#$!@#$!#$!#$

Edited by Wentz

What's the sig nazi?

And if they are too big I can size em down.

You'll see who the sig nazi is sooner or later. Be on the safe side and only use one picture there.

I seriously need to get in some ut2004 action. I've been busy with other things lately and haven't had time for it.

They should do a bud light commercial about shadow

Real men of genius!

Today we solute you Mr. huge font signature guy

daring to go beyond the realm of acceptability, you blow your sig banners up to the size of a small volkswagon.

(typin smalls for wussies!)

36 font? Childsplay. 48 font? Please. If your letters were people they'd clean out an all-you-can-eat buffet with ease and alacrity.

So crack open an ice cold bud light old commander of the caps lock, for you make our screens a little brighter.

Mr. huge font signature guy@!#$!@#$!#$!#$

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Tha is too funny :biglaugha::biglaugha:

GC Board Member

Theoretically, I have it set up now such that one run through the maps has the funky node links, and then it follows with a std. node linkage. Not sure if it actually has taken yet but that is the idea (so its not strange nodes all the time)

Just fyi though I'm not sure it is working yet.

-Fk

I've actually really been enjoying the new node cfgs.. I've noticed a few people scoring lower than usual though.. which is good :D it points out those who play by repetition