Banned Again????

I have once again been banned from the midwest server. I am unclear as to why. I came into the computer room and my brother said that I was banned. He was playing on my steam ID, I tell him all the time to sign out of my steam account and sign into his, but he never listens. He will not tell me why he got banned on my steam account. I am asking you to please unban my steam account because it was not me playing when it was banned.

Please unban me and if anyone knows, could someone post the reason for the ban because my brother will not tell me because he is afraid or somthing that I will get angry at him; which I am because I always tell him to play on his steam account, but that is a whole different subject. Please unban my steam account.

Mookie has recently PMed me and I am now aware as to why my steam account got banned. It was because of an inappropiate name and I will no longer leave my steam account signed in when I am not at the computer and I will no longer leave my password on "save password". All of this will prevent this problem from re-occuring in the future. Thanks

Thank you for your time for reading this long post and I hope that this will work out for me.

Also, please keep in mind that my brother did not do this on purpose. He was playing on a server that runs surf maps and someone was insulting him with explicit vulgar hate comments (I witnessed these comments), my brother ignored them for a few maps and eventually changed his name to a display name that was insulting to whoever was insulting my brother. He simply forgot that the vulgar display name was still activated when he joined the .gc midwest server. It is not his fault that he was banned. He simply forgot, and it is my fault for forgetting to log out of my steam account, if I had logged out, my brother would be the one posting right now.

I hope that this can be resolved soon so I can again play with you gentlemen on .gc servers, and still allow my brother to play on them as well. If my brother knew that the vulgar display name was still activated, believe me, he would of changed it before joining a .gc server. I hope you understand where I am coming from and can let this thing blow over, and I promise you that nothing like this will ever happen ever again.

Once again, I want to thank you for reading this incrediably long post and I hope to hear from an admin soon about this. I have been talking with Fatty.gc, but, if you have anything to say, please, do not hesitate to post a reply to this topic. Thank you.

-Luck of the Irish

Edited by the luck of the irish

I am still banned. When I expect this to be taken care of. Like I said above, this wasn't my fault.

Thanks

Irish

Seems as if they want your brother's handle and SteamID for a trade Irish... you have that info? Then probably get him to post up a thread if he wants to play on GC servers.

Edited by farmerisme

Fatty PMed me, he said that he wasn't sure if he wanted to do the Steam ID and Handle trade. I don't know what is going on with this at the moment, but I do know that trade agreement is no longer valid, at least that is how it sounded from PMs I got from admins.

So I don't know when or if this thing is ever gonna be resolved. I am going to talk with my brother about this when he gets home and I'll try to figure somthing out, but in the end it is up to the administrators of these servers. Hope a decision is made soon because I would really like to get back to playing some CS:S.

Thanks guys for all your replies to this post and I hope to get a decision soon. Take it easy fellas.

-Irish

Hey there,

Its true that I changed the name. Me and my brother were playing on a surf sever and we were switching off playing. When I was playing, a player was making hate comments to me so I changed my name to make a insulting name of that player. I simply forgot to change my name back to my regular name.. It is not my brother's fault for being banned. I simply forgot that the insulting name was still active. If I remembered, I would of changed it before joining a .gc server.

Mike

Edited by Teleporting Elephants

I never said I didn't want to do the trade, what I said was to stop pming me (you and your brother from ONE account).

To Mike: Someone is going to serve a ban here. You're not going to find a loophole. So, atm, it's him, regardless of fault. If someone provides me with your ID (probably a simple stat lookup) then we'll make the trade and you'll serve the ban.

If a steamid is posted and VERIFIED, any LA can take this from here.

Get it switched and Teleporting can create his own thread.

Well, you have made your decision Fatty and I respect it. You said that someone is going to serve a ban, so obviously someone is going to serve one. I will serve the ban since it was on my steam account and I don't feel like screwing my brother over for this whole ordeal. Since I have decided to serve the ban, is there anyway that I can be unbanned at some point in the near future?

I just want to stress one more time that it was an accident that the vulgar name was left active, so it is your decision and you have made it, but, I don't see why it is necessary for me to have a permant ban. I can tell you now what I can and will do in the future (if I am unbanned) to prevent this from ever occuring again.

1) I will no longer leave my steam account logged in when I am not at the computer.

2) I will no longer have my steam account set to "remember password".

3) In the past I have made display names that would not be acceptibal on a .gc server (not in this situation though). I will no longer make those display names ever again.

Those are my three reasons for why I think I should be unbanned. Again I just want to say that I have decided to serve the ban. Please allow my brother to continue playing on .gc servers, it was not his fault. I hope that I will be unbanned and if I am, I promise all of you here at .gc that this will never happen again.

Thank you for responding to this topic so quickly guys, and I really hope that I will once again be able to play CS:S will you guys. For all of you who supported me, I want to thank you. Fatty, thank you for getting an answer to this so quickly, even though it was not the one I was hoping for, thank you for getting one up here. In the past and on other forums at other sites, I have waited weeks and almost months for replies. .

Thank you all and I hope to play will you guys again soon.

-Luck of the Irish

Edited by the luck of the irish

...from a distant observer point of view, if mike/elephants isn't a .gc server regular, and irish is...and there are TWO steam id's, why wouldn't mike step up and take it on the chin (i.e. "here's my steam id which is NOT irish's banned steam id) instead of irish.

mike, have you played on our servers under your account? if you have, finding your steam id should be as easy as searching our stats page.

http://69.221.180.211/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=search

if there's not a second steam id, then, well, post/plea and wait for fatty. uh, btw, not making decisions, just keeping things rolling.

signed,

sj

ps - irish, thanks for trying to help the other pubber in the got banned section, be as a disaster prevention method, we ask only admins and people directly involved post in those threads.

I want to serve the ban. I don't want my brother too, while it was him who joined a .gc server with the bad display name, it was my fault for not logging out of my steam account. If I had done that, this whole thing would of never happened. So please, stop posting replies about my brother giving his STEAMID as a trade for mine getting unbanned.

My brother is a .gc regular, since we live in the same household, he plays on my steam account quite often since I am almost always signed in. Like I said in some earlier replies, that will no longer be happening because I will be logging out from steam when I am done from now on. When you look at it, this whole thing really is my responsibility, not my brothers. Fatty said that one of us has to serve a ban, and I have decided it will be me. So please, stop posting about my brother trading in his STEAMID for mine being unbanned. I am not angry, I just don't want another lead admin to come on to this thread and see those types of posts and then look up my brothers STEAMID and ban his and unban mine.

As for posting in another persons ban thread. I am sorry, I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to post in a ban thread if it didn't concern me. Thank you for warning me and it won't happen again.

Thanks for all of your support guys and hopfully I'll be back soon.

-Luck of the Irish

Why was my other thread in this section of the forums closed. I was still waiting from a response from Fatty as to whether or not my ban was a permanent ban. I beileve it was Lunk who closed it off, since he is a Lead admin and was the last to post on that thread, if you could, please open it back up. And Fatty, when you read this, please go back to that thread and read the replies in it. There are a few of em that you haven't read by me with some questions of mine.

Thank you guys

-Irish

Yes, I closed it. I believe enough has been said there. You've already stated that you will accept the banning and not trade it for your brother. As far as how long it will be in effect that is up to the banning admin. My advice is to drop it for a week then come back and try again.

And Fatty is quite capable of re-opening that topic to respond to it. :peace:

so, uh, just for the record:

irish has accepted responsibility, but he's banned. mike kinda skirted responsibility, and he's not banned.

from an admin point of view, it doesn't seem like the problem is solved.

<shuffles papers to fatty's in-box>

Stuttering John, I really appreciate your support, but, like I said in my other thread on this subject, I do not want my brother banned. This whole thing when you really look at it is my fault for not signing out of Steam. Stop making posts about me getting unbanned and my brother getting banned. I am not angry, I just don't want an admin to see those types of posts and then unban me and then ban my brother.

Thank you for your support though.

-Irish

So ban them both. If and when you find the other id.

It's been a long standing tradition here. You're Responsible for "your" steam id. If someone does something "stupid" under your account and gets it banned tis not our problem. As far as I'm concerned a one week ban should suffice.

In retrospect, it would appear this is not the first time this has happened. Because this steam id has been banned a couple of times before.

irish, that's not what i'm saying. if your brother is breaking the rules, it seems like he should be banned, regardless if you're unbanned or not.

say i want to go knock off duke's safe. i take lunk's horse. the sherrif comes and throws lunk in jail, but i'm the robber. shouldn't i be the one going to jail?

...then again, chances are i'll do it again and end up in jail anyways.

I know both of these guys and I would like to see this end friendly if at all possible here. Can we step back and calm down on it? Wait for a decision from Fatty or whomever on the ban? Seems that there was an infraction, someone taking responsibility for it, an apology, and a promise to not have it ever happen again... could it just be that easy?

Ok, I understand where you guys are coming from about the whole idea that my brother should be banned regardless of if I take the fall for it or not. Lunk, as far as the one week ban goes, I respect any decision that you and any other lead admin make. Since Fatty gave the option that only one person has to serve a ban, since I have decided to serve it, there would be no reason for my brother to be banned. Anything that happens on my SteamID is ultimatly my responsibility regardless of if I am playing or not. So if there are consequences that need to be dealt out, since it was on my SteamID, I should be the one to serve those conequences. Ya guys get what I am trying to say here. I just don't see a reason for my brother being banned. Lunk, please let me know when you and the other lead admin's make a decision about how long my ban will be.

Thank you

-Luck of the Irish

I know both of these guys and I would like to see this end friendly if at all possible here. Can we step back and calm down on it? Wait for a decision from Fatty or whomever on the ban? Seems that there was an infraction, someone taking responsibility for it, an apology, and a promise to not have it ever happen again... could it just be that easy?
so should we close the thread until fatty makes it back?

so should we close the thread until fatty makes it back?

Sigh... I don't know, I thought that is what people were waiting for. It just seemed things were getting far more complicated then they needed to be. I just want this to not get out of control either way in this thread, sensed a downward spiral and wanted to try and avoid it. You know how I feel, this will be my last post here.