fps

linch

ok i may sound dumb once again, BUT if i get an answer it sure is worth it...

when i do this (control panel/ display properties/ settings/ advanced/ "videocard name" / additional properties then go to the Direct3D & OpenGL tabs) i should magically be able to do what i need to do correct?? when i go to additional properties though, there is no tab for Direct3D and OpenGL. why is this?!!? i have latest driver d/l, and all that good stuff. any idea why??? i have windows xp, on a dell 8200...sumone help jiffy out...

cuz i just need to be able to turn off vertical sync , but no can do without tabs eh? grr...help :(

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Read my Tweaking Guide, it'll explain it. Jiffy, tell me what card you have, and tell me what fps you are getting at the moment.

thats the thing i have read the tweaking guide, nothing about vid cards. i have a Geforce 3 Ti 200... i have d/l NVRefresh Tool. and the 30.82 driver for it. and it should be working properly. my only problem is that after i have installed both it doesnt give me any tabs for open gl or direct 3d, hence my problem with the vertical sync. i dont have any way of turning it off, thats why i get a constant 60 fps when i know i can be gettin way more...

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Okay, send me your email, you know mine, it's on my tweaking guide, I'll give you a geforce tweaker, it'll forcefully help you turn off vsync. That'll help, k?

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Fat Bastard, try out my guide, it'll DEFINETLEY improve your counter-strike, I just don't do basic stuff, I go heavy into the advanced tweaking options of counter=strike. More then that refresh rate deley.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Hahah, seriously just helping people out makes me happy. I've had enough compliments from people and the indication that I'm actually helping someone out and making their cs easier, that's all the payment I need. :blink:

You all have made my day! Thank you!

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

I tried using that guy's config and it lowered my fps....I'm normally at 100, but I see it as low as 60-70 sometimes, was hoping that would help. Just made it look bad and lowered mine. :angry:

As low as 60?? sigh 60 is NOTHING to worry about. But you use custom models don't ya fatty? You are probabley getting 60 fps when a lot of people are on your screen at once with those custom models, that's probabley what's doing it. If you really wanted to get rid of ur FPS dropping as low as 60 you could try and download the high fps models...

I agree that the config he has on his site isn't the best, but he does have some good tips and links to really good sites, for tweaking newbies.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
I just don't do basic stuff, I go heavy into the advanced tweaking options of counter=strike.

maybe advanced for a nub :P

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Lol, I spent two hours on it, if I wanted to go hardcore .. into it.. Eh, that would have taken a lot more time, I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in it. IS that a threat?!?! LoL! You threaten my Tweaking skills!?!?! Pssh.. you callin' me a tweak nub? Bah! Bah yoU! :blink:

yea i have just confered with NOFX and Orbit... i have latest driver, and the refresh tool cane sugested. yet, i still do not have a GL or Direct 3D tab when i go to addition properties under my vid card tab...so i guess i am stuck at constant 60, UNLESS someone knows how to turn vertical sync off another way?...thx to all those who tried. appreciated greatly by Jiffy. :huh:

Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guests

Sacr3d Need a new pc

------

720mhz O MY!!! :o:o:o