Mine is bigger than yours

16, 18 or 20  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the size at now?

It's at 20 right now.

Voted for 20 but could live with 18. I don't have any problems with lag or packet loss at 20 so I don't see any reason to change it now.

(edited)

I second Lex on that one. If we can swing staying at 20 then lets. however, if we must drop, then no less than 18.

Anything less would be server suicide I think.

BTW---How are we doing on Temerity? Do you need more money or not yet?

Edited by Primus

(edited)

We shall not fall by the way side. We shall stand firm. We shall strive to be the oldest team in TWL. :biglaugha: A great man once said--" We have nothing to fear, but fear itself " ok, I know it has nothing to do with this but I just like that quote. :lol2:

I for one am here for the deration. A lot of other guys play other games but still have UT on the back burner. You know it will explode when 2k7 comes out. I understand the server situation but the GC is still here and still playing.

Edited by Primus

A lot of other guys play other games but still have UT on the back burner. You know it will explode when 2k7 comes out. I understand the server situation but the GC is still here and still playing.

True.

The question I have is there any correlation of increased numbers when everyone is back at school?

Of course, how much does good summertime weather have to contribute to the slump?

BTW - I'd be around more, but am getting hammered at work. The joys of network upgrades at a

healthcare institution... Is the release date still the same?

How about some more info to help decide? How much does it cost to support 20 versus 18 versus 16? I agree that things are getting dismal but there are still some good crowds on occasion and I always hear lots of compliments about GC being a good place to play.

I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow for about a week. Good luck with the match.

Maybe this has been addressed already, but when UT2007 comes out, will NEP be switched to that immediately???

Are we going to keep a UT2004 server at all...? Temerity?

I just went to EB games and the guy said Jan 6 for UT2007...I gotta tell ya, I'm not too hopeful for that release date.

GC Board Member

In all liklihood, like the CS to CS:Source switch GC did, this will be an "all in" flip - in other words - yes.

Private server can stay of course for as long as we decide to pay for it (that is being handled by just us UT players - not GC dues)

Good chance that once the demo drops for UT2K7, we may just go with that immediately too (as in, drop the pub, go with the demo, then to the full release)

18 it is by the way - justified by the following link

http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/typematch...server=15651003

(Note about those numbers - they list the total number of people who played on the map for any period of time - if it is over 20, that does not necessarily mean it was a full server...)

Naturally - if demand grows, we can as well - this may just be a dog-days of July/August thing (I recall we went through the same last year...)

-Fk

"18" here. Not for any other reason then that I have been shooting this number for a while. Games just "play" better for me at 18. Any more and it becomes mayhem for many maps, can't get anywhere without getting sniped or avrilized. Any less and people like Primus think I'm after them all the time, when I'm not, I just have less people to spread my love with.

When I became a reg on GC it was at 18, I didn't care for the higher number servers that abound.

Oops -didn't read Flitters post above. :shrug03: