mp3 help

Clueless

i personally don't know of any, but i've never tried it either. i think i've seen something in iTunes about knocking your bitrate down....but if you don't have an iPod that's not much help.

google: mp3 transcode

im sure its possible and free using open source software. Go to sourceforge.net

find a mp3 converter. Convert your MP3 to an MP3. Somewhere in the settings you should be able to set the bitrate. Im not going to search through converts for ya and find the best, but if you take a few minutes to check a few out, Im sure you will find what you are looking for.

Get LAME. Make a shortcut to the EXE file. Add options to the shortcut to set the bitrate you want. Once you've got it set up, you can just drag-and-drop files onto the shortcut and it should make copies with the new settings. Look for the new file at the same name as the old, with .mp3 added (i.e. foo.mp3 -> foo.mp3.mp3).

untitledgk9.th.png

Changing q to a higher number will make it go faster but do a crappier job, changing it lower will make it go slower. q can be from 0..9. b is the bitrate. You'll have to do the ID3 tags by hand if you care about that.