WHY?!?

TheGeek

well NEVER buy a grand am first of all.

point number 1:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...6269&hl=project

point number 2:

AHHHHH! i need to change a thermostat in my 1993 grand am GT 3.3 V6 right? well i found where it is after an hour. ITS NOT near the top radiatior hose. Its under the throttle body AND the whole air intake. SOOOOO I took off the air intake and the throttle body. and found out..... YOU HAVE to take off the muffler or the air conditioning lines. Either way, both are VERY hard. So i wll have to live with a broken thermostat until i get about 150 bucks to get it replaced. since it will take about 5 to 9 hours to get out and back in.

well dude, I would go ahead an do it myself... start taking stuff off, you can always put it back together!! I am no mechanic and I basically knew how to change spark plugs, oil, stuff like that. Well I decided to replace the timing chain!! It took me a while, but I know if I can do that, then that the thermostat would be easy..

You have to take off the AC compressor hoses? thats simple, they just screw off. I had to take my AC compressor off, along with my altanator, air intake, valve cover.. oil pan.. the list goes on and on, trust me, its probably alot easier than you think :)

(edited)
well dude, I would go ahead an do it myself... start taking stuff off, you can always put it back together!! I am no mechanic and I basically knew how to change spark plugs, oil, stuff like that. Well I decided to replace the timing chain!! It took me a while, but I know if I can do that, then that the thermostat would be easy..

You have to take off the AC compressor hoses? thats simple, they just screw off. I had to take my AC compressor off, along with my altanator, air intake, valve cover.. oil pan.. the list goes on and on, trust me, its probably alot easier than you think :)

well, im dumb. its not some AC hoses. its some metal hoses that come from the overflow tank to the bottom of the car and starts heading towards the... transmission? odd, i dont think i have a transmission cooler...

But i have to take those off and thats not easy. then i have to take off the throttle body, air intake body, and guess what.... to get a wrench or any tool in there.... i have to take off the muffler. its in a tight spot. here is a pic.

From a quick glance it all looks easy. Thats what I said to myself. But every bolt is a battle! Either its blocked by something STUPID, or its rusted on. Like 2 of the bolts to the mass airflow sensor was siezed in the body because they were aluminum and the block was steel. AND I couldnt get them out since i dont have a 4 inch screw driver to get it out so i had to buy one. The brake master cylender is blocking any normal screw driver to get it out. Like i said, its a battle.

as you can see the muffler is in the way to get a wratchet in there.

img4217smallfu7.jpg

everything circled is what needs to come out.

img4218smalldg8.jpg

this is what the radiator line looks like, i have no idea where it goes or what it does.

img4219smallow3.jpg

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

• 2 weeks later...
$150 for 8 to 9 hours worth of work is well worth the money. I pay $100 to $110 just to have the oil changed in my truck. And that's not using synthetic oil.

you just made a whole new kind of strangeness. WHY?! even if you have a 3500 Ford Diesel then it will only take an hour and 20 bucks of oil and 5 bucks of a filter. why 100?

$150 for 8 to 9 hours worth of work is well worth the money. I pay $100 to $110 just to have the oil changed in my truck. And that's not using synthetic oil.

you just made a whole new kind of strangeness. WHY?! even if you have a 3500 Ford Diesel then it will only take an hour and 20 bucks of oil and 5 bucks of a filter. why 100?

Lunk doesn't want to get his dress dirty since hes a nancy :D

Lunk doesn't want to get his dress dirty since hes a nancy :D

-1 brownie point