steam update

discom

well.. Every update has the old schoolers complaining... I don't think they could ever top the worst update ever... When valve added those two awful guns...

the cheap CT rifle and cheap T rifle... Well.. I guess it can't be all that bad, it gives noobs something to waste their money on. :) and something for me to pick up when Im running around with a glock. Cant wait to get home and check it out.

Question about the new radar, I like it - but when i die the camera changes to something different and it zooms in.

I know its possible to zoom it out.. by hitting C and the navigating the menu and clicking 'Zoom Out' about 12 times..

But this is cumbersome and takes too long, is there a way to set it up so it auto-keeps your set zoom out distance? or maybe a way to bind it to a key?

The new radar is excellent imo. The biggest improvment over the old radar is that you can now exactly see what hallway your teammates are in, instead of kind of guessing "oh, they might be in B-tunnels, maybe." It helps in knowing that they are watching your back, especially when you can see where their gun is pointing.

I like the idea of enemies showing up when your teammate sees them for a period of time, but I think requiring a radio "enemy spotted call" to show up on the radar would be more realistic. Seeing dead bodies permanently on the radar would also be helpful.

I haven't played around with zooming in or out, but obviously showing the whole map would be the best way to go, if possible.

Having played through it a bit I can say I like the radar update. Provides anything the old one did but a little more. Things like spotting through smoke or even knowing via the radar who has the bomb is a little unfair but hopefully that will change as they tweak it. I think the important thing is that it looks clean and attractive to players who have seen better quality minimaps like in dod. A big worry for me was when the enemy dot dissapeared but it seems like you can't track through a wall or anything like that. The "last known position" system works well. Plus i bet this helps gamers with hearing problems and things like that :D

I still do not like that it shows where people on teams die. It is too easy to tell exactly where the enemy is when it gets down to the end.

I could always tell where people died with the old radar, through sound and watching where the dots disapeared, I know i spelled that wrong.

The only thing this radar helps is people that didnt use sound/knowledge with the last radar.