Interesting Read

Dingy

I was one of five people on my floor in residence (our of 42) that didn't use ritalin during exam time. That was 5 years ago. 10 years ago I was scraping friends off the floors at raves who had taken too much whatever (won't list them here)

It's a huge problem, much much much bigger than most people (are willing to) believe. The really sad part is that most government agencies have decided to focus solely a "drug" that has been in use longer and more wide spread than alcohol itself, has less long lasting effects and isn't used as much by the demographics they are trying to help. Kids flock to the hard stuff, please accept it and deal with it instead of just beating a dead horse!

I have often wondered what the long term effect of abusing energy drinks is/will be?

addiction to anything can become a problem

that fine line between obsession and addiction

I personally think it is a normal human condition to take things to extremes its just when it becomes unhealthy for you or those around you is when problems begin and must be addressed

and you cannot dismiss the rush of computer gaming itself definetely has the ability to suck people into addiction

Edited by w8t4time

oh thats a funny picture :)

I see where they are going with this article if the gaming industry wants to keep a professional edge should there be testing for substance abuse at major tournaments?

interesting

------------------------------------------

"They don't allow drugs, but do they test for them? No, absolutely not," the source says. "As the money gets bigger at these events, and as drugs like Ritalin become more prevalent at LAN party competitions, this will probably become a greater problem."

Edited by w8t4time