Poll on # of rounds per map

Flitterkill

Flitterkill wants to know...  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what about setting it to 2 points wins map? This way maps like Dria and Dawn don't go on for what seems like forever at times. I realize this may make the smaller maps run through a little faster but I think overall it might work out. There are times where we lose a room when big maps drag on. Ok, just a thought. :peace:

GC Board Member

We are already at 10 minute rounds so...

2 points is an option.

Score decisive victory - move on

Score OT victory, other side gets a chance to beat you (2 pts) or at least cal it a draw (1 pt) - if you are for this option, choose the 1 pt selection in the poll - we can hash it out later.

-Fk

This would be really effective IF we had, say, 15 maps...I really hate seeing a map (especially on a night with great competition) 3X or more in a row. That gets boring and I have seen GC'ers complain "not again..." or "I can't play this level again..."

I vote for 1...

That said...I wish I could be on more during weeknights, but the bandwidth in my neighborhood is crap...Most nights I ping NEP at 200+...

=Teh Lame

what about setting it to 2 points wins map? This way maps like Dria and Dawn don't go on for what seems like forever at times. I realize this may make the smaller maps run through a little faster but I think overall it might work out. There are times where we lose a room when big maps drag on. Ok, just a thought. :peace:

Hey guys, i'm back finally! Looking forward to getting the school schedule down and some gaming going.

Ditto to Primus

GC Board Member

Done

Set to two points

For the three hours played tonight - worked pretty well.

Will drop the end game delay a few seconds to keep things really moving.

We currently have 12 maps in rotation so plenty of variety. Blastbark is a funky tough map - I think that one can stay awhie. Roman Roads I'm indifferent too (unlike bw...) so that might drop - have a few cued up to slip in if so.

-Fk

GC Board Member
I'll help nudge Roman Roads out the door. Bad map.

lol - I swear - I can't win with maps - usually ends up with half liking the map, the other hating...

RR was/is under discussion for TWL addition - just FYI...

I'll upload some stuff later tonight once I finish a batch o'grading and remove this map that offends you so... :)

-Fk

• 4 months later...

Can we necro this thread? 1 Round win? 2 round win? How about Dreamus (default link setup) Damn, wrong thread... :)

I'll help nudge Roman Roads out the door. Bad map.

lol - I swear - I can't win with maps - usually ends up with half liking the map, the other hating...

RR was/is under discussion for TWL addition - just FYI...

I'll upload some stuff later tonight once I finish a batch o'grading and remove this map that offends you so... :)

-Fk