OC temps

dragonfly

So I MAY have fixed the problem. I was able to download 3dmark06 finally. I went to install it and it got to the very and and gave me an error reading:

CRC error: The file C:\ProgramFiles\FutureMark\3DMark06\3DMark06.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I reinstalled windows on Saturday. It's a brand spankin' new copy of XP Pro (SP2). This doenst sound like a hardware issue to me, so is it a Windows problem? Please dont tell me I have to reinstall Windows again! :bang:

I did the reformat before I fixed the RAM problem (if it is fixed), so could this affect it? ARGH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I MAY have fixed the problem. I was able to download 3dmark06 finally. I went to install it and it got to the very and and gave me an error reading:

CRC error: The file C:\ProgramFiles\FutureMark\3DMark06\3DMark06.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I reinstalled windows on Saturday. It's a brand spankin' new copy of XP Pro (SP2). This doenst sound like a hardware issue to me, so is it a Windows problem? Please dont tell me I have to reinstall Windows again! :bang:

I did the reformat before I fixed the RAM problem (if it is fixed), so could this affect it? ARGH

Have you installed it on another computer to see if the install file will work on it?

What brand of harddrive do you have? Some older Maxtor Diamondmax 10 and 11 drives don't like some nForce4 mobos. I have a Mator Maxline III with no probs though.

Edited by bushwack

(edited)

Sorry guys, been out of town hunting. Got a bull moose 350 yards :D

Anyway, no havnt tried that. My HDD is WD 250gb SATA2. I'm told it could be a lan port problem, so i'm looking into that at the moment. thanks for the help thus far!

edit: i was able to download and install superpi 32 (which i couldnt before). I ran everythign on it and it was fine. Ran prime95 for 8 hours - 0 errors. I did change 2 settings for my ram and the problem has seemed to go away, except for with 3dmark06. argh... :) but i'm glad everything else seems to be working perfect... so far...

Edited by DarkArchon