OC temps

dragonfly

Bush: have you enabled AA and AF for ut2k4? If so, have you noticed any glitches ever?

Temps are not idle at 28-29. After gaming for an hour, they're at 34ish. :D

Yes I have 2xAA and 8xAF on for UT2k4 but I don't see any glitches and doesnt make a fps difference. I also run at 1152x864 res. I know its a wierd res but I can get 85hz sync at that and if I go any higher res my old montor drops to 75hz and it killz me eyes.

Edited by bushwack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dark, i will run at those settings when i get a chance. get rid of norton. it lags your computer a ton. get something free like avg. also, pm me your e-mail and i'll send you a file to get rid of genuine advantage.

bush, on my old crt i had to run at 100hz otherwise my eyes die. you should be able to turn most of your settings up on a game like that. ut is mostly cpu limited on today's high end cards.

Will download that AVG soon. I tried to DL it, and it did, but then it said some files were corrupt. Personally I've been getting that a lot lately, and i think it's the genuine window's crap doing it. I have a legal copy though! just not installed on it yet...

I knew there was a reason I always hated norton... besides, I dnt even download anything.

Yes I have 2xAA and 8xAF on for UT2k4 but I don't see any glitches and doesnt make a fps difference. I also run at 1152x864 res. I know its a wierd res but I can get 85hz sync at that and if I go any higher res my old montor drops to 75hz and it killz me eyes.

K, just curious. Ryan (my roomy) was getting some glitches, but he has a 9600 all in wonder, and an old hp he's using.

I'm using 75hz and yeah, it hurts after a while :(

dark, i will run at those settings when i get a chance. get rid of norton. it lags your computer a ton. get something free like avg. also, pm me your e-mail and i'll send you a file to get rid of genuine advantage.

bush, on my old crt i had to run at 100hz otherwise my eyes die. you should be able to turn most of your settings up on a game like that. ut is mostly cpu limited on today's high end cards.

All I play is Onslaught and some of the maps are HUGE. I do drop below 60fps on some maps in certain areas so I play it safe with 2xAA and 8xAF. Honestly I never tried running it any higher then those levels, sure does look sweet as-is.

All I play is Onslaught and some of the maps are HUGE. I do drop below 60fps on some maps in certain areas so I play it safe with 2xAA and 8xAF. Honestly I never tried running it any higher then those levels, sure does look sweet as-is.

hmm ya online is always much tougher on systems then benchmarks.

I set CS perf test to what Dark had: all sttings at max and at 1280 x 1024(LCD). Here's my scores:

2.2 (11x200) = 135fps

2.4 (11x220) = 137fps

2.5 (11x228) = 139fps

Little bit under Darks score but that is excpected due to his GTX, still I'm happy considering the 3500+ and the 7900GT put me back $515, 6 months ago.

This thread sparked an interest back into OCing my 64. So when I tried to hit 2.5 yesterday I forgot to change my multiplier down again (I had been at 10x250 before) and booted at 1725...for about 10 seconds. then I reset to get into the BIOS that lasted 5 seconds. The next time I hit the reset button it would'nt do jack. Ended up clearing my CMOS and noticed my Arctic Cooler Pro 64 was Hot!, always cool to the touch before and noticed the radiator fins were dusted over. Clearing the dust, running 2.4 idle at 42C and 49C under load -same as 2.2 with the dirty heatsink fins. Going to stick runnig at 2.4 for awhile.

Just remember guys the hamster wheel turning in the living room 15 feet is overpowering the noise eminating from my PC. :D

lol that's a quiet comp. i don't NEED mine dead silent so i don't bother. i just keep my cpu fan at a volume i can't hear over my case fans which are the loudest things in my comp goin full tilt. they're spec'ed at 19dba for the 92mm and 17dba for the 120s.

I have some weird glitch for unreal, so when i try to view fps it tells me i've got about 45 000 000 average. Yeah, dont think my gtx is that good :P

Every once in a while it'll show about 100-120 correctly for average, on any of the maps. I think dawn is averaging about 100 or so. Never seen it under 80. The loading screens get me over 500 :D :D

I think for OCing I'm running 226x11 at the moment. I do notice a significant decrease in load times compared to the 2.2 , but i'm happy as is for the moment. Idle at 29 still with hottest reaching about 35.

Bush: I dont like to turn everything to max in every game anyway. Sometimes I like some of it down a little to get more of a 'real' look to it - not so cartoony. Besides, you always woop my pph anyway :bang::D

something is definately messed up with my drivers and stress test. i did your settings and got 121fps. cranked the aa to 6 and went to 1920x1200 with my default res and got 109. only a 10fps drop for 60% more pixels. that's a bit weird.

When installing my X-Fi card, i downclocked to about 2.42ghz. I ran the stress test again(CS:S), 2xAA and 4xAF @ 1280x1024 (vsync off, dunno if that matters or which is better). I also had adobe audition running (rec sofware) with about 20 files open in it, Norton still running, etc.

I got 155.8 average fps. It went up... hmm... dunno why? I even had another program running.

I then bumped EVERYTHING to max and got 148.8 fps average. Though, some things were bright purple and they werent supposed to be... ???

I tried restarting CS:S and ran the test again. Purple was gone, but fps went down to 144.7, which I'm just fine with by the way :D

Where can i find a copy of 3DMark06?

Edit: I had audition running for all of the tests.

Edited by DarkArchon

from 2 to 2.8ghz is a big gain for me. haha. my system isn't silent but it's mostly air noise that you hear. the fans and drives don't make any annoying noise.

You running a Athlon 64 Cujo? I was thinking that would be an awesome jump and would make a big difference. If so what kind of voltage are your running on the CPU? I have 1.4 @ 2.4 and 1.425 @ 2.5 . I wanted to run 2.5 @ 10x250 but I guess my old Kingston HyperX could'nt keep up. Since 2.4 seems stable (11x220) I might try it @ 10x240 tomorrow.

DarkArchon what kind of voltage are you running on the X2 above the defualt? And what is this talk about purple?

i have an x2 3800+. stock voltage of 1.4 at 2.8ghz. ram at 254 with 3-4-3-8 timings.

purple is a graphical glitch in cs:s when you load a level while alt-tabbed is when it happens most often i find. happens with nvidia and ati and has happened for at least a year if not more.

if your memory can't keep up then just use a divider. basically lets your htt clock up with your ram staying reasonably low.

Edited by Cujo

Thanks for the info on the purple.

My voltage atm is 1.35 I do believe. It was set in the bios and I havent changed it ever (though it's not on auto, it's on manual). 1.35v @ 2.54 at one point, and it still loaded windows and ran it for about 1/2 hour before i restarted and downclocked it (just so that I could beat my roomy's P4 @ 2.53 for fun :D)

Found out why my pc froze when I installed X-Fi platinum: my dvd burner. Whenever i put in a dvd it would freeze my pc. So i uninstalled it in system devices, restarted, then reinstalled it. It's fine now and X-Fi is beautiful! Now to get that usb key working...

What's the diff between using an 11 multiplier and a 10 with different cpu utilization amounts?

Edited by DarkArchon

use the highest multiplier possible unless you want your ram higher.

And with the ram you suggested I get I would assume this would have a high possibility of success? :D

I DL'd 3dmark06 but it wouldnt install. "Critical error" or something. So i downloaded from a different site, same thing. I need to reinstall windows (and the legal copy i have at that) i think. sigh. but it takes so much time...

And with the ram you suggested I get I would assume this would have a high possibility of success? :D

I DL'd 3dmark06 but it wouldnt install. "Critical error" or something. So i downloaded from a different site, same thing. I need to reinstall windows (and the legal copy i have at that) i think. sigh. but it takes so much time...

Sounds like you are having too many errors Dark, How long did you have the system before you overclocked?

I would make sure the system is stable at factory default speeds for about a week before I would clock it up.

Too me seems like a memory problem. Try this out http://www.memtest86.com/ and see what it says. I was having some issues similar to yours and this program is built ito my BIOS. It told me one of my sticks was bad so I replaced it. Everything running smooth now.

Sounds like you are having too many errors Dark, How long did you have the system before you overclocked?

I would make sure the system is stable at factory default speeds for about a week before I would clock it up.

Too me seems like a memory problem. Try this out http://www.memtest86.com/ and see what it says. I was having some issues similar to yours and this program is built ito my BIOS. It told me one of my sticks was bad so I replaced it. Everything running smooth now.

Really? I've had this thing at default for about 4 weeks, then jacked stuff up a little bit. This windows seems to have been giving me a little bit of trouble from teh start, and i just figured it was stupid things going more wrong with it. But it could be as you say i suppose. I'll check taht program out

Thanks!

sounds like your current ram is unstable at current speeds. have you run dual 32mb super pi?

if it's the ram then change your divider in bios so your ram is clocked lower.

I'll check out the bios. Currently RAM is set to auto for timings/speed (400 is the speed i do believe). (32mb super pi... :huh: )

Edited by DarkArchon

BTW, I ran prime95 for just over 2 hours and 0 errors, max 36 temperature.

As for RAM, this is all the info in my bios. Not sure what some of it means though :huh: ... actually, what most of it means.

Memclock - 400MHz

Cas# latency Tcl - 3

Min Ras# active time (Trans) - 7T

Ras# to Cas# delay (Trcd) - 4T

Row Precharge time (Trp) - 3T

Row cycle time (Trc) - 16T

Row refresh cyctime (Trfc) - 18T

Read-to-write (Trwt) - 5T

Write recovery time (Twr) - 3T

1T/2T mem timing - 2T

S/W DRAM over 4G remapping - enabled

H/W DRAM over 4G remapping - enabled

Also: DDR voltage set to auto. I would assume that means 2.6. I read in some forums that OCZ ram likes 2.7 a little more, so could that be it? Yup, feelin' the noobishness atm... :bang: