APPLES

Magruter

Well it's that time of year where apples are in season, as i was grabbing some produce yesterday at woodman's (if you don't know HUGE grocery store) they close to 20 different kinds of apples. MAN was i confused! Didn't know which one to buy. Soo i grabbed some macintosh, granny smith and Fuji's. I can't even remember most of the names of apples out there, but there was a bunch. What do you normally buy?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for an apple orchard a 3 seasons bagging apples. The best kind of eating apple you can ever get is HONEYCRISP!!!!!! Otherwise good apples to eat are chestnut crab, golden delicious, Fuji, and Fortune. If you ever see Honeycrisp apples at a place like woodman's get them you probably will pay an arm and a leg but get them. As a price comparison for what they were at the orchard I worked at $8.50 for 1/2 a peck of Honeycrisp.

Honey Crisp.

Did you know that a group of students from the U of M mixed 2 or 3 trees together to get the honey crisp? They did all of their studies in rush city, mn.

so.... ONLY buy minnesota grown honey crisp. NOT washington. Trust me, I worked in produce for 2 years.

grapple ftw, lol eph

Honey Crisp.

Did you know that a group of students from the U of M mixed 2 or 3 trees together to get the honey crisp? They did all of their studies in rush city, mn.

so.... ONLY buy minnesota grown honey crisp. NOT washington. Trust me, I worked in produce for 2 years.

grapple ftw, lol eph

sorry to say but working at in produce at a grocery isnt the same as working at an orchard where they are grown, picked, and the works

True, but I know the people who let the students from the U of M plant their trees in their yard.

And I have stocked and tasted both washington and minnesota honeycrisp and know a difference. I ate them a lot when I worked there.