Specs for UT2007

MaDPaT

I have been looking on the net for info and have conflicting specs. Some say a 2 Ghz other 1.8 Ghz. Some mention 512 MB ram other 2 GB of ram. I have an older pentium 4 with upgraded graphics card and ram. My new graphics card is BFG GeForce 6200 OC with 256 MB DDR. I am maxed at 1 GB of ram. Any ideas what is needed?

I asked you what kind of video card you had. 256 RAM is good but what chip? P2.4 and 1 gig o ram is good but what what vid card? As what Flittr said more is better. I had a Athlon XP 3200+ and a GeForce 6800 GT but when I upgraded to a Athlon 64 3500+ and a GeForce 7900 GT (using my same gig o ram) made a world of difference. My hit scan accuracy doubled, woot!

I have a GeForce 6200 OC with 256 mB DDR my original video card was 64 MB factory.

My computer is running a pentium 4 2.4 ghz. I purchased this about 5 years ago for 2200 dollars which was alot back then. Is it possible to upgrade my chip system like you did. Do not want to replace desktop. My new laptop is only 2 Ghz and do not have funds for a new computer.

I asked you what kind of video card you had. 256 RAM is good but what chip? P2.4 and 1 gig o ram is good but what what vid card? As what Flittr said more is better. I had a Athlon XP 3200+ and a GeForce 6800 GT but when I upgraded to a Athlon 64 3500+ and a GeForce 7900 GT (using my same gig o ram) made a world of difference. My hit scan accuracy doubled, woot!

• 1 month later...

Just from what I have seen, I would say 2.0ghz dual core, 2 gigs of ram minimum, 512mb video card minimum. That's what I'm planning on having by then anyway.

That would be for high detail/textures. Unreal engines are always very optimized, so FPS shouldn't be an issue providing that you have a system less than one year old.

Edited by Metallurgic

UT2004 is primarily cpu bound (as opposed to vid card bound) for frame rates.

No idea what the new one is going to be like.

We *do* know that it is designed as a very high end DirectX 9 game - not DX10, though it will code for utilizing some of the DX 10 features.

No matter, Epic has a history of making the game playable for a wide range of specs - it just might not look as purdy. If you have a machine that can play Fear decently now, you *should* be okay in the literal sense of the word. Not great, but okay. After that - who knows...

-Fk

but when I upgraded to a Athlon 64 3500+ and a GeForce 7900 GT ..... My hit scan accuracy doubled, woot!

Ah, I see. The secret is out. Bushwack is exploiting technology to win (not that I would do anything less, mind you) :biglaugha:

I don't think I would frett to much with that sysytem Pat. I think it will run ok, you might have to turn some things down a bit game wise though. However, if you are straped for cash but can afford one small upgrade, I would make it your video card in your case. If they package the Physx drivers with it on the software side like they did with RoboBlitz then I think things might not be as bad.

Also, my son has been playing GOW and if XBox 360 can handle that then I don't think things will be as bad as they say. GOW is using Unreal Engine 3 and man it looks awsome. You can move up to a GForce 7600gt for about $150-$180 depending on where you get it. Maybe even less.

I don't think I would frett to much with that sysytem Pat. I think it will run ok, you might have to turn some things down a bit game wise though. However, if you are straped for cash but can afford one small upgrade, I would make it your video card in your case. If they package the Physx drivers with it on the software side like they did with RoboBlitz then I think things might not be as bad.

Also, my son has been playing GOW and if XBox 360 can handle that then I don't think things will be as bad as they say. GOW is using Unreal Engine 3 and man it looks awsome. You can move up to a GForce 7600gt for about $150-$180 depending on where you get it. Maybe even less.

My system is AGP. SIGH. Bought it when sli and agp were contending. I am limited to gs model of 7800. Thanks for input. WIll upgrade to SLI computer maybe in another year. Micro Velocity is offering decent gaming machines with 8800 gtx dual core processors etc. No monitors though but happy with 19 inch I have now.

but when I upgraded to a Athlon 64 3500+ and a GeForce 7900 GT ..... My hit scan accuracy doubled, woot!

Ah, I see. The secret is out. Bushwack is exploiting technology to win (not that I would do anything less, mind you) :biglaugha:

Why doesn't that work for me then? Bush frags my sorry A** all the time.

I have a Athlon X2 4800 oc'd to FX specs, and a highly overclocked 7900 GT KO plus 2 GB low latency DDR.

doesn't seem to help me kill bushwack or FK any more than usual.

MP, I would say that a 6600 is not gonna cut it to see much eyecandy. UT2007 will be multithreaded (more cores the better) and it will take advantage of DX10 (last I read). A newer vid card and proc couldn't hurt.

To choose, I would go with better vid card. You can buy a 7---series Geforce that works with AGP for around $150...

Don't knock teh AGP - that's what I swing (Nvidia GT6600 or somesuch)

I've been delaying the upgrade for quite sometime now - I'll keep delaying until the 2K7 demo drops

-Fk

I don't think if the AGP is totally saturated with todays games but it's coming close. BTW my kids comp has a Athlon XP running at 3000+ with a 6600GT and it plays everything smoothly. I was surprised how well Call of Duty 2 ran.

My youngest son is running Athon xp 2800 with gig of ram and a 128 fx 5200 and 2k4 runs fine on it. counter-strike runs just fine also. Now grant it I'm sure its not gonna run 2k7 very well or even at all.

I just wish Epic would get their act together and finish some of the constuct so they can get the demo out. They should have figured the whole conquest thing would probably not work to begin with b4 they wrote it in. When you have to tear apart half the game and rewrite it you just run into more walls. Oh well, I guess i can be patient, to a point. Kinda like Duke Nukem---ya, and now I wouldn't buy it even if they did come out with it. :boo:

Unreal 2k4 is hard on processors too. I'd guess that 2k7 is gonna be too. You may need to upgrade both if you want to run higher than 800x600, though the rest is eye candy. I had the same vcard as you madpat, and a 2.0ghz p4 and i was getting 15~20 fps tops in big ons maps with 800x600. If you dont mind that, then it might do the trick. :)