Website Blocking Software

Gond

Anyone know of a good app to block websites? I need one that I can block everything except a list of allowed. My router does the opposite. :bang: A router suggestion that does this would be great too.

I can write my own but that just requires work on my part :shrug03:

Disclaimer: Best Buy sucks (unless its Thanksgiving)

Hehe this reminds me of a product I saw at best buy. I think it was called traffic cop or something. It was hilarious because basically all it amounted to was a device that you plugged your ether net connection into and it had a switch to turn it off and on. Soooo lame. Might as well pull the plug and save yourself $20-$30.

Back to the subject at hand.

It has been my experience that these programs do little or nothing (unless its the router doing the blocking).

When I was young my parents used Surf Watch. I disabled the program in a matter of days by deleting the files in DOS (do you remember DOS), this was back in windows 95 :)

Long story sort. I would go the hardware route. Pass on the software.

:peace:

Good idea Rev...thanks...and thanks to the rest but Rev's idea sounds really quick and ... paid for:)

Since she is only 7 I doubt I have to worry about things being disabled at this point. Gives me time to setup a linux server with a proxy on it:)