TKs & Forgiveness

mookie

I don't like having a severe punishment for tking. it happens and most of the time people are angry about being tk'd even though it was accidental. But most people take advantage of any punishment, no matter what. Let's try the cash option again. That doesn't effect the team, it effects the person, slaying, freezing, burying, affects the team. Freezing/burying could lead to long rounds, since there's a person buried back in spawn.

I noticed the slay function, yesterday, the hard way...I tk'd someone.....again....and ended up slayed in the beginning of the round. I think that episode was captured by Franny in his demo of a aimbotter too. He pressed slay button right away before considering if it was intentional or not.

So, my question is if there's only a 3% cash punishment, that means that if someone tk's me twice in a round and I take their 3% of money (probably $0 anyway) they'll get banned? Or is banning only for slay punishments?

ps. I don't intentionally tk :tongue2:

GC Alumni

Yes, the whole point of this is that getting punished for a certain number of TKs will get you banned. Right now, if someone takes 3% of your money 3 times, you will be banned for 3 hours. If I could put in an option that just said "not forgive" I would but I don't think I can. Now that I think of it though, I'll investigate the possibility of renaming take cash.

• 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni

With this at 3 TKs, bans from it have gone down from several a day to about one a day. Interestingly, examining the logs has shown that getting slayed for team attacking at spawn is also being counted against a player's TKs. This is news to me, and is not suggested by any of Mani's documentation. Of the seven (7) bans starting 11/03, 2 were made permanent, and none look to be "bad." 3 seems to be working out.

(set at 2 TKs, 3% cash)

10/29: 3

10/30: 1

(change to 2 TKs, slay)

10/31: 0

11/01: 3

11/02: 3

(change to 3 TKs, 3% cash)

11/03: 0

11/04: 0

11/05: 1

11/06: 2

11/07: 1

11/08: 0

11/09: 0

11/10: 0

11/11: 2

11/12: 1

(editing AM 11/21; for the most part looks good except 11/17)

11/13: 1

11/14: 1

11/15: 2

11/16: 1

11/17: 6

11/18: 1

11/19: 1

11/20: 0

Edited by mookie