setting up an sata hd

Z3RO

ok so i got my friends comp running but i had to use a ide hd and i still cant get his sata drive to show up on windows i no im doing somthing wrng. my ultimet goal wiht this comp is to lose the ide hd all together and have teh sata be the only one. thnx for any hlp.

if you're trying to do a fresh install on a fresh sata hard drive there should be no extra steps required as long as your sata controller is enabled in your bios. usually it is enabled by default but stranger things...

if you're trying to do a fresh install on a fresh sata hard drive there should be no extra steps required as long as your sata controller is enabled in your bios. usually it is enabled by default but stranger things...

In both my motherboards, it was disabled by default, sot it's not uncommon.

what brand?

what brand?

ECS for one, and DFI for the other. I take it back though. On my ECS board, it was disabled, but im not so sure about my DFI board.

Edited by Metallurgic

idk for some reason widows was being lame but segate makes a nifty little app tht basily copies the old hard drive to the new one and now the problem is solved thanx for all the hlp.