Nice video 360 Wii and PS3 side by side comparison

Leveller

To be totally honest, I don't see any difference between the 360 and the PS3 in that video.

agreed

as of right now there isnt 1 game that pushes the graphical bounds so to speak of any of the systems, we wont see the true winner for prolly a year or so.

Good video. Try pausing it for the best comparison. If you have, you'd see that the 360 clearly has the best graphics followed closely by the PS3. The Wii isnt even on the same level graphically.

The difference might be the cables though. I played GoW on the 360 on two TVs in two different rooms. One had the HD TV with component cables and one was using a flatscreen with the typical A/V cables. There was a HUGE difference graphically. So, for all we know, that PS3 we see in the video might have looked slightly worse just because it wasnt using the component cables.

Gamespot has a feature with roll over comparison shots. The Xbox 360 versions of all the games looked better than the PS3 versions. Some of them made no sense too me, like Fight Night Round 3, it came out on the Xbox 360 in February, where's the PS3 version came out last week. I would think the extra time they had developing the game would make it look better, not worst.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/i...p;click=topslot

Edited by VooDooPC

The PS3 has 1/10 of the memory bandwidth that the 360 has...so stuff like shaders and lighting takes a serious hit. Now, the PS3 does have 7 SPEs (Synergistic Processing Elements) that may enable it to catch up, but developers are clueless as to how to program for these things. This is where the line gets drawn. Developers so far have take then approach that because it's easier to develop for the 360, then most cross-platform games are being developed for the 360 first then ported to the PS3 and wii. We all know what that means...

Thank you Sony, for putting giant sinkholes into the release schedules of cross-platform games and driving up the price of the console market just because you want to push Blu-Ray to consumers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, most developers who worked on launch games for the Wii were actually using a GameCube to do the developing. The Wii SDKs (including final hardware) weren't available to 3rd party developers until well into the dev cycle.

I've got a friend in the EA Canada, Burnaby complex who's programming on the latest version of a seasonal sports game, that was just released on the Wii *AHEM*Madden08*AHEM*, and he was trying to sell me on the virtues of the console. ...I didn't really need to be sold, I just wanted him to give me one. Basically, a little later in its life, you should expect it to look like an XBox++. If 3rd party devs will refrain from just shrinking art assets from the 360 ports, and actually make them at a native size to display well at 640x480 (especially textures, and normal maps), you'll see that the Wii can actually pump out some pretty pictures for the screen resolution.

That has more to do with art direction and the artists than with the hardware, though.