Crackdown

whudats

I checked out all the vids for this one, and i agree that it looks like it could be a lot of fun to play. I don't know if I'm sold on the graphics yet, though. I enjoy drooling over the realistic lighting, shading, etc. of characters in CoD3, GoW, etc. and I'm not sure how I would like the cartoon-ish look to everything when I know my 360 can do much more. Maybe I just need to see the game really in action before I pass judgement though. I'll be keeping my eye on it though!

I am also watching Lost Planet closely too, only a few more weeks now! :D

I checked out all the vids for this one, and i agree that it looks like it could be a lot of fun to play. I don't know if I'm sold on the graphics yet, though. I enjoy drooling over the realistic lighting, shading, etc. of characters in CoD3, GoW, etc. and I'm not sure how I would like the cartoon-ish look to everything when I know my 360 can do much more. Maybe I just need to see the game really in action before I pass judgement though. I'll be keeping my eye on it though!

I am also watching Lost Planet closely too, only a few more weeks now! :D

It's cell shaded goodness the likes of which are only possible in the "next-gen"...along with a dynamically changing environment...whoa boy...this game has more bounce than the 2005 superbowl!

It's cell shaded goodness the likes of which are only possible in the "next-gen"...along with a dynamically changing environment...whoa boy...this game has more bounce than the 2005 superbowl!

The Game Cube had several cell shaded games...

• 3 weeks later...

The only reason I would buy this game is because of the Halo 3 Beta, but the Gameplay is indeed awesome!

I was thinking that before playing the demo...now I'm buying it for Crackdown! 2 player online co-op? WHhhhhhhhaat!

Yeah dood that's awesome! I'm actually unsure of getting it as of right now. The only thing holding me back is moneys :(

The only reason I would buy this game is because of the Halo 3 Beta, but the Gameplay is indeed awesome!

I was thinking that before playing the demo...now I'm buying it for Crackdown! 2 player online co-op? WHhhhhhhhaat!

Yeah dood that's awesome! I'm actually unsure of getting it as of right now. The only thing holding me back is moneys :(

Sell blood...you have more than enough time

lol!!!

lol!!!

they give you what? $9 when you give blood...once ever 2 days will more than cover the cost! doooo eet

afaik, you can't SELL your blood, at least not around these parts (indiana). you CAN sell your blood plasma, however, and i think it pays better than $9 per. Plus you can donate more frequently!

There ya go! You can't sell anything here in Canada from your body (not even the sailors!) and I just assumed you got paid in all 52(?) states...jeez guys...too many states...

• 2 weeks later...

Since I let my trial XBL Gold membership lapse (I hadn't played a single online game once while I had it), I wasn't able to download the demo until this past weekend.

I played it for about a half hour, and I was pretty impressed. It was more fun than I was anticipating! The lock-aim was a little wacky and didn't seem to target the guy I wanted to shoot a lot of the time, but it wasn't life threatening most of the time. The cheesy announcer guy was crackin me up though. Good stuff! :biglaugha:

I'm thinking about getting this when it comes out now.

and with the Halo 3 beta attached, I might consider upgrading to a gold account. I'll challenge someone to an NHL07 battle :D go wings

Since I let my trial XBL Gold membership lapse (I hadn't played a single online game once while I had it), I wasn't able to download the demo until this past weekend.

I played it for about a half hour, and I was pretty impressed. It was more fun than I was anticipating! The lock-aim was a little wacky and didn't seem to target the guy I wanted to shoot a lot of the time, but it wasn't life threatening most of the time. The cheesy announcer guy was crackin me up though. Good stuff! :biglaugha:

I'm thinking about getting this when it comes out now.

and with the Halo 3 beta attached, I might consider upgrading to a gold account. I'll challenge someone to an NHL07 battle :D go wings

Yeah I really disliked the aiming thing at first, then after playing the demo for a fifth time I started to get used to it...it's actually really well conceived

just read IGN's review of Crackdown. Kinda said everything I've thought myself after playing the demo. I have found that I am rather addicted to scaling tall buildings, upgrading powers, and whuppin some gang members. I think I'm going to be getting this next week (assuming there will still be copies available and all the Halo 3 junkies don't raid my stores first)

Boiler - read the same review and had the same thoughts. I'll be buying it.

Yeah, in the demo I did the same thing. Trying to get to top of the tallest buildings everywhere. Did anybody get to the top of the Agency building? It's awesome... You fall for what feels like 10 seconds when you jump off...

I read somewhere when they were asking about the lock on aiming and how it stays locked when the guy dies. The answer was basically... "We did that because people like to do stuff to the dead bodies - like shoot rockets at them in the air and try to get them to go as high as the can..."

Be nice if you could turn that off - make it optional to have the lock stay on after they die. But it's not too bad as it is.

I read somewhere when they were asking about the lock on aiming and how it stays locked when the guy dies. The answer was basically... "We did that because people like to do stuff to the dead bodies - like shoot rockets at them in the air and try to get them to go as high as the can..."

Be nice if you could turn that off - make it optional to have the lock stay on after they die. But it's not too bad as it is.

I must not be as sadistic as some people out there....

Uhhh...yeah...if you don't want to lock on to a dead body...release the lock on button...it's pretty simple and you eventually get the hang of it...a friend of mine hates this game because of it and I've been trying to explain to him that it isn't snap-to aiming...there is skill involved...that didn't help my argument much lol

Oh yeahs...there's also an achievement for juggling a person...I highly recommend watching the Achievement trailer