Income and Server Future

shaftiel

Well, if the trend on nonrenewal does continue into next month, I would be willing to pay in advance my own future renewal fees to help GC through this rough patch. In that scenario, I would be paying multiple years renewal fees up front, thus allowing the GC staff an extra month or so to round up the lagging base of subscribers, with only a $50 shortfall once a year for X years. I would only be able to do this once, so if GC feels that they can pull it together given a month or so extra, then great. If not, there would be no point to me putting the money forward.

I have found nothing but good people, and clean wholesome killing here. I would hate to see this community disapear in the comming months. Let me know what I can do to help.

shaftiel

The community ain't goin nowhere. The board keeps an eye on expenses vs. income from memberships (naturally) but does so forward looking, that is, rather than waiting for the doom to arrive, if it appears renewals/new memberships are lagging, the board will knock back a server now rather than wait for the real money crunch to set in. Gives us a cushion (a comfortable one at that) and often times, reducing the # of servers actually drives new memberships as reserves on our oh-so-nice-to-play-on servers drives new memberships (with reserves naturally).

Nice offer btw. :)

-Fk

Your commitment is appreciated.

There was a time, perhaps 5 years ago, when I had to ask a few members to move their renewals up a month or two to help us through a dip.

Right now, the issue is definitely not a lack of #s of potential renewals / month, it's the number of non-renewals that we count on. In my emails, I gave you a list of those who are non-renewing....quite a bit.

In the end, we can only do what our income allows.

Let me show you our current trend:

post-3-1167585419_thumb.jpg

Anyone in red hasn't paid. If they have a zero, that means they didn't renew. The numbers under the months are the carry-over amounts (or balance forward, etc), and the line under that is the server costs. Notice that we reduced the UT server back after Oct, which is reflected in the change.

If the balance forward number goes negative, paypal will suck money from Fatty's personal account. Now, subtract all the red numbers in December from 574.32 (the projected carry-over) and you are getting close.

Now, even if we have $200 left, the servers will renew in January. If the servers renew in January and all January members pay on January 31, well, if you're following me, Mrs. Fatty might have a question or two for me if she looks at the bank account.

Now, if we make this tight run (and this is really the only time the budget seems to fly close the ground, then we should be fine......unless the trend continues. If more people leave than come in, we'll need to adjust.

------

At this time, my personal finances are not even allowing me to build a PC that actually works. I'm very upset that I cannot help lead things from within the game. I had my break from CS, was all ready to make my return, but found that the machine once again doesn't work right. It's not performance, it just won't even finish loading. Enough about me, I'm just personally not content with my role in battling the trend.

I'm gonna do whatever I can to get back in the game.....I just don't know what that is atm.

------

Shaftiel, I'm glad you posted, I've wanted to speak with you guys at more length about this.

I am with Shaftiel on this. Please PM me if an early renewal fee or two will help out.

FK has talked to the UT folks about this regularly and the loss of servers. We would hate to lose either of them...but my feeling is that ppl like Fatty have (and unfortunately may continue to) go out of pocket for things to keep servers up. We hate to lose servers, but I don't think admin like Fatty should not be able to repair/rebuild their own PCs because they have to dip into their dough to cover shortfalls...that ain't fair.

Could we do an open call for $5-10 donations from current paid members to set up a buffer?

Oh, btw, I hope I didn't confuse you....I haven't had to dip into my own funds....the point is that I can't do that....specially not now.

If you guys have the funds and want to help out by renewing early, of course I'd appreciate it. Your renewal month would not change. (i.e. if you are due in Feb, you won't be up for renewal for 13 months).

I'm also rather concerned about some of those names up there who are due today......Ebil??? <sniff> There are some others on there I'm surprised about.

It might help some if we set up a forum for people wanting to join, right at the top of the public forums, with a stucked topic on how to join in it. It seems like at least one a month posts their intention or desire to join out in Chit-Chat anyway, maybe getting a forum there would help people find everything they're looking for. With the website still down I don't see us getting many new members in the near future.

This is the URL I've been giving out to people, it can be edited pretty easily as all the info is in there (that's how I made it). The nice thing is that you can use it without a PayPal account, which I never figured out how to do when paying to an e·mail address.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dues@gamerscoalition.com&item_name=
GC%20Membership&no_shipping=1&no_note=0&tax=0&currency_code=USD&amount=50

It might help some if we set up a forum for people wanting to join, right at the top of the public forums, with a stucked topic on how to join in it.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dues@gamerscoalition.com&item_name=
GC%20Membership&no_shipping=1&no_note=0&tax=0&currency_code=USD&amount=50

good point, nice link.

http://www.gamrs.co/joom/gcforu...p?showforum=116