"Suddenly CS:S is acting strange" guide.

Xoul

This is my "Suddenly CS:S is acting strange" guide.

1. Spyware: Download adaware from www.downloads.com that might help. You don't have to use this one but

i personally do recommend it... also make sure windows firewall is on to help prevent some spyware.

2. Windows fire wall: make sure steam.exe and hl2.exe are in the exceptions list.

start<settings<control panel<windows firewall<exceptions.

3. Hard drives: Run defrag on your hard drives(regularly). Sometimes it will cause strange

things to happen in game. (start<programs<accessories<system tools<disk defragmenter)

4. Can-O-Air: Investing in one of these every now and then, if you don't use water cooling, is a good idea.

Sometimes dust can clog up a heat sink, and cause heat to build up. Which can cause loss of FPS.

Simply open your case, point at the heat sink, and spray. please... please... remember DON'T HOLD

THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN. And make sure your computer is off.

please... please... remember DON'T HOLD THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN.

lol, I almost gave myself frostbyte doing that and spraying it on my thumb!!! :lol2:

in my high school years I did that to my little brother who was walking around my room. It gave him frostbite through his shirt and he had a silver dollar sized scar for over a year.... good times..

mind the warning :P

What if cs started showing the numbers, letters, radar, and sprites as garbly gook. The text doesn't stay still. It morphs like its some matrix text. Its not a mod, it just started today but I couldn't get a screen shot.

The strange thing is that when a flash hit me, it went away.

• 2 weeks later...
What if cs started showing the numbers, letters, radar, and sprites as garbly gook. The text doesn't stay still. It morphs like its some matrix text. Its not a mod, it just started today but I couldn't get a screen shot.

The strange thing is that when a flash hit me, it went away.

Looks like Agent Smith got into your computer