Graphics card broke

TheGeek

Well this stinks. My game was acting kinda weird. So I bend over, touch my graphics card and it burns me!!!

The fan somehow came off. It actually burned me...

I haven't cleaned the dirt off of it for about a year. (or 2) :(

I use to be really good in my cleaning schedule but the card got so hot that it melted the plastic hub that spins the fan. The fan flew off without me hearing it.

equipmentup7.jpg

I yanked a heatsink fan out of our families barebone system and drilled new holes in the heatsink. Mounted the new fan on and it cools better than it did before! The heatsink is actually cold.

finishedvh7.jpg

DIY! woot! :boing:

P.S. Please tell me you didn't drill those holes while the heat sink was still attacked to the board. I would hate for any of those shards to short out that card!

Why yes I did. The drill was so small there was barely any shards left.

And bunneh, the heatsink was so hot that if I put it on a wooden surface it would have taken off the lacker.

So yes, I did it on the carpet.

DIY! woot! :boing:

P.S. Please tell me you didn't drill those holes while the heat sink was still attacked to the board. I would hate for any of those shards to short out that card!

Why yes I did. The drill was so small there was barely any shards left.

And bunneh, the heatsink was so hot that if I put it on a wooden surface it would have taken off the lacker.

So yes, I did it on the carpet.

If it's hot enough to take off the laquer, isn't it hot enough to melt carpet fibers? ;)

It was hot enough to burn my finger. Last night I was peeling off my skin.

Card is running fine and COOL. When I touch it, the card is actually cold to the touch.

And now my computer is telling me that the card is not getting enough power. hmmmm? I detach the fan and now its not getting enough power?