Gungame schedule / discussion

Fatty

GunGame  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Althought I couldn't finish the map, SK was pretty cool on GG.

Also, we scheduled gungame from 8-10 originally. Last night it went over by over an hour. What are your thoughts about this length?

What we don't want is for people to be waiting for it to end. That means it needs to end at a time when it's been good fun and it's still fun, but before it gets old.

Granted, not every will be one that will have been playing from 8 o'clock. How much is enough? How much is too much?

Also, I had thought we reversed (or unreversed, dunno) the gun order. Maybe it was just the times I caught it. I really like going from the heavy artillery on down through the guns, instead of working up in strength. I don't know if that's reversed or not, but you know what I mean.

There was a topic about this and there were some great points made.

I'd like to get your take on these things, and I'm sure mookie would love the input.

Feel free to discuss, vote, and add your opinions!

Thanks!

It took awhile to get used to, but I like the riffles to pistol order. When its the other way, if you are horrible with the glock (like I am) by the time you get to the usp others already are on machine guns. In the end though, I enjoy either way.

I've found the normal (weak -> strong) order to be intenser, but with a packed server it's very easy to fall a long way behind. Once a guy gets a rifle, there won't be many rounds they don't get a kill, since half the other players are packing pistols. I think reverse was only on one night so far, plus a few odd times that a GunGame map got called up.

Though I voted for and prefer pistols to rifles myself, I understand why most people like the reverse order. When it's pistols to rifles normally it's a one man show. Last night, with much luck and strange skill which I normally don't possess I ended up leading for many rounds on gg_factory while many people were behind me. I don't bring this up to brag, as normally I am behind, but to emphasize that as GC is more of a team based atmosphere where the needs of the community come before the individual I think that the reverse order might work better.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)

How come there's no options for people that dislike GG? :( Whenever GG is played, I do happen to see a few people complain about it so there's definitely people in my same boat. I thought it was fun at first but my opinion of GG changed tremendously after playing the same ole factory and autumn over and over. The game does seem to drag out a bit too. It would be nice if we played different GG maps or even stock maps with GG.

Edited by ash

Is it weird that it just now occurred to me that Ohio is on Eastern time? Since the server is in Chicago all the scheduling has been getting done for Central. I just checked and as far as I can tell GG only ran from 20:13c to 22:19c, which if you live in the east like us might look like an hour past 8pm-10pm.

How come there's no options for people that dislike GG? :( Whenever GG is played, I do happen to see a few people complain about it so there's definitely people in my same boat. I thought it was fun at first but my opinion of GG changed tremendously after playing the same ole factory and autumn over and over. The game does seem to drag out a bit too. It would be nice if we played different GG maps or even stock maps with GG.

I heard a rumour there might be some PUGs on the match server at this same time.

ok we seriously need to look at GG TURBO DEATHMATCH. in all sincerity i think this is by far the most fun mod out there.

i think it's pretty self explanatory, i'll post some ip's of other servers that run it and you can try it out. it's the most intense of all the mods by leaps and bounds and it gets rid of nasty hangtime on the nade and knife level. we should seriously look into it.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)
ok we seriously need to look at GG TURBO DEATHMATCH. in all sincerity i think this is by far the most fun mod out there.

i think it's pretty self explanatory, i'll post some ip's of other servers that run it and you can try it out. it's the most intense of all the mods by leaps and bounds and it gets rid of nasty hangtime on the nade and knife level. we should seriously look into it.

I'm up for anything with deathmatch in the name :)

Edited by ash

GC Founder

More maps are being collected.

We're going to offer a chance for some serious play in our private server on Thursdays right along with this.

I see no reason why, since it's a weekly event, the different genres can be worked in (i.e. one week reverse, next normal, next turbo deathmatch, etc).

I'm not even sure who is going to be the Event admin for GG, perhaps mookie will nominate someone soon (I don't want him doing it himself, he does sooo much lately....dont' want him to burn out) and they can work out a rotation.

As far as ash's general complaints, the answer would be that this is a 2 or 3 hour event once a week.....find something else to do during that time. There will be plenty of people looking to shoot it up as a change of pace for a few house.

I played a variation of the GG where you leveled up the instant you were able to get a kill with the current gun in your hands, and you had to kill a set amount of people in order to level up.

Example, level up to a MP5 and have to get 3 kills with it to level up to UMP.

The instant leveling up made the game amazingly faster paced than round-based leveling up, but at the same time it made go by far to quick.

GC Founder

<sends Nick down the hall to Mookie's office>

If this ends up being your job:

Design your 2-3 hour gungame so that people are begging for more. DO THE RESEARCH!

PS. Play with the different mods, don't be afraid of reactions until people have tried things out. Advertise your flavors of the week on the forums, in fact, if you feel you are ready to be active enough, we'll give you an entire sub-forum....this is what I think would do best.

gun game can be really fun on the right maps and such and the turbo gun game makes it a lot faster paced, which then turns into people staying longer for the maps go by a lot quicker. another cool part is the speed burst if you get 3 knife kills(i do believe) but thats normally not in the turbo mod. just my 2 cents

i am willing to spend the time and effort to research and get this thing up and running full blast to what ppl want.

however, i don't know much about actually programming the mods, i have played most all of the mods tho. can someone point me in the right direction for some behind the scenes knowledge of the individual mods?

mookie this is somewhat directed at you

im going to do some research and report to the board and LAs about gungame

There's some stuff set up in a super-secret forum about configs and stuff but I think someone's still pondering whether they can trust Nick "I Jump into Trash Cans" Soapdish. Or maybe just forgot.