New Computarrrrrrr time

Check out what boilersax (i think) bought in the hardware forum.

Nice laptop, but sooooo big. Plus I'm not a huge fan of Dell's Inspiron notebook. Latitudes are a different story!

Thinkin about ordering today HRMMMMMMMMM

(edited)

We'll see.. I'm used to tweaking so I imagine I'll have to make it work! That is unless I decide to build a desktop by the time UT3 comes out, which could be never at this pace

Edited by Wentz

My 7800gt runs a little ruff with Rainbow Six Vegas, and thats using the Unreal Engine 3 in that game. However, I think it is due to the fact that the game req's are 1 gig of ram and thats all I have right now.

I don't like the whole blurring thing with that game. It plays ok but its a little slow on drawing. I think another gig or 2 of ram should do the trick. :peace:

Oh noes - 4 or 5 cds... Teh horror.....

Why, when I was a youth back in the day of 3.5 floppy backups, I had a Macromedia Director backup that fit comfortably on 78 3.5 floppies.

Convenience personified.

I expect this thread to continue the back in the day analogies. Do not disappoint me.

-Fk

(edited)

well.... I remember the first time I installed linux 1.2.13 on my 486... took a lot of floppies and a ram/bootdisk

BTW I had a best buy card I got for xmas, otherwise I'd be diggin out my cds and wasting 2 hours to save 20 bux

Edited by Wentz

well.... I remember the first time I installed linux 1.2.13 on my 486... took a lot of floppies and a ram/bootdisk

BTW I had a best buy card I got for xmas, otherwise I'd be diggin out my cds and wasting 2 hours to save 20 bux

Ha! If it took two hours I'd recommend sending that laptop back seeing as it'd be a piece of crap! :)

I remember the days when I was 22. That was 4 days ago. :D

I also remember the days when I froze my index finger and thumb on my right hand (mouse hand) because my van wouldnt start in -40degree weather... oh wait, that was 2 days ago :)

Last, I remember when I used to record music. I'd throw the drum track onto a tape, go headphone out from tape to my computer. I'd then record the guitars, and go out from headphone jack on computer to mic on computer to make the next track. Those were the days!

I remember when Ebits wasn't a noob... er no, no I don't

That's cuz I shot your head with the lit gun! :blink:

I still remember when my folks bought me a 486 that cost around 3k and it only came with DOS. I later installed windows 3.1 when we could afford it. heh

(edited)

I remember my first computer---386 with windows 3.1 and AOL 2.0. Had a 107mb hard drive and was using a 2400 baud modem to get on to AOL. That was back in 1993, then in 95 I was really movin up with a windows 95 Packard bell that had 16mgs of ram and a quad speed cdrom. Now that baby was awsome at a mear $1500 dollars just for the desktop. The 15'' monitor I bought with it cOst me $235 big ones.

I WAS KING!!!!!!!! :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

Oh ya, then I got to start playing DUKE NUKEM----OOOHHHHH YYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Edited by Primus

Hmmm... I remember playing Frogger and PitFall on my friends Atari 2600. My first computer was a Commadore64. Hard drive? There were no hard drives. If you wanted more memory you took a hole punch and cut a notch out of the side of your 5 1/4 floppy disk.

Shaftiel <---- not quite old enough for the 8" Floppys. But I do remember punch cards and fortran 77.

gona go pick up dvd ut2k4, cus I don't feel like installing 800 cd's

Last week I picked up a UT2K4 on DVD at Gamespot! for $10 so my son and I could play together online without using the same key. The next day he was grounded off the computer and now my power supply is dead.

Buying an extra copy of UT is sure to spell certain doom for all parties involved.

I remember this one time in band camp...

I remember my first computer---386 with windows 3.1 and AOL 2.0. Had a 107mb hard drive and was using a 2400 baud modem to get on to AOL. That was back in 1993, then in 95 I was really movin up with a windows 95 Packard bell that had 16mgs of ram and a quad speed cdrom. Now that baby was awsome at a mear $1500 dollars just for the desktop. The 15'' monitor I bought with it cOst me $235 big ones.

I WAS KING!!!!!!!! :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

Oh ya, then I got to start playing DUKE NUKEM----OOOHHHHH YYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

My 386 was at 25 mhz at about the same time as yours. My dot matrix and computer were my only tools for job hunting.! I started with Windows 3.0. To think how the computers have come. I forget what my internet providers was but it had advertisements all over the lower part of screen. I had to move to Compuserve or I was going to loose it. My favorite game was a scenario Pacific Fleet Attack sub against Japan naval craft. My next computer was a laptop with windows 95 with only 2 megs of graphics ram. I could play almost no games and could not upgrade!!!!! Everytime I think I know about computers and future I find out I don't :freak3: