Looking for a good console-like game controller

Playaa

I don't really play console much (I have an XBox that sometimes works and a bunch of older consoles)...especially now that I have my new pc for gaming...but when I play certain games on the PC (sports games, racing games and some others) I really hate using the keyboard for my controls.

I recently purchased a cheap little game controller from Walmart to play a soccer game with and it worked perfectly the first time I used it...now I can't get it to work at all in that game (it still works in others though). I figured I'd probably do better and bone up and buy a $30-$50 one.

so...anyone got a suggestion for one that is good? I like large controllers and I want it to be as cheap as possible but still high quality obviously.

I'm using an xBox 360 controller on my PC. It will work with any game that has decent gamepad support, but if it doesn't, you'll need to find a custom driver that can bind functions and adjust dead zones correctly (I used to know the site, but I have forgotten the url.)

Great build quality, comfortable, and if you liked the smaller xBox controller, you'll like the feel of the 360 variant.

Again, there's not a lot of driver support out there, so you may just want to skip the hassle and go with a Logitech.

• 2 weeks later...

went with the wireless logitech and it's pretty good. My only complaint is that the "casing" for the analog sticks is square rather than round and I use the controller in a sports game...so I find it easier to run diagonally than straight up and down field when using the controller. If it wasn't for that this controller would get a 5/5 from me...but I'd give it a 3/5 because of that (it can be quite an annoyance at times...the game I'm playing is Pro Evolution Soccer and sometimes you need precise control over where you're running)

I would have recommended the 360 controller...expect every Vista game to have full driver support

I agree. I used it to play TR on the PC, and it works great. And, if you want to get fancy, you can buy the wireless adapter and use a 360 wireless controller with your PC now...

I would have recommended the 360 controller...expect every Vista game to have full driver support

I agree. I used it to play TR on the PC, and it works great. And, if you want to get fancy, you can buy the wireless adapter and use a 360 wireless controller with your PC now...

Oh sweet...its finally out! And it's only $20!!! Was supposed to be $60...now I can play CSS with the 360 controller :freak3: