New UT3 Deathmatch Video

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

The chatter on the epic forums is kinda the same - people want someone who knows *how* to dm to play in these things so we can really see stuff.

That is, until someone points out that often times these movies are from demos given to large numbers of peoples, in big auditoriums, with the demo projected on very large screens. Apparently, there are "issues" with motion sickness in the audiences :)

So, you end up with almost no jumping whatsoever. Ditto for quick turns. And weapon selection is: choose one, use it awhile, move to something else. If you look in the background, some of the other bots are using other weapons (goo is one I think)

Games for Windows magazine (formerly Computer Gaming) - March issue - spos'd to have a UT3 preview - so look for that in a few days.

-Fk

GC Board Member

In-house they are playing it like mad. All beta testing is done in-house as well (been that way for all of them I believe)

Only thing close to a limited beta is the demo which they will release one month before they ship. They'll take feedback for the first 2-3 weeks the demo is out (probably looking specifically at server/internet performance), tweak it a touch, then release it.

Even the sucky DM playing movies seem alright to me (seeing as I suck at DM) :)

-Fk

Alright, just to let you know, I won't get board with it!! As a matter of fact, just put down $10 on the pre-order Sunday. Oh ya BTW, talked with my guys at EB Games and this is what they have in the computer as it stands for release dates.

March=PS3 release.

September 5th=PC and Xbox 360 release.-----I left the store cursing-- :bang::bang::boo:

Thats what I got. Put in the pre-order now. Might go back and put another 10.

Edited by Primus

I'm convinced that there is no UT3 at all... it's just a giant unreleasable hoax.

It's the snipe of video games

a digital sasquatch

Good luck!

Edited by Wentz

(edited)
Yeah Primus, you really take a verbal beating from these guys every night. Now it's also a written beating. Dang.

Finally, someone who see's and feels my pain. Wentz is just mad about last nights practice. When I slapped him around with the manta in Arctic :biglaugha::biglaugha:

Edited by Primus

(edited)
It's funny how the link gun sounds like the raptors fire.

I don't see the humor in that.

plus, you didn't type in caps so I really didn't understand it

Edited by Wentz